Magic is going to................

Legend

ok, let's say the Magic does indeed stay in Galveston and Carnival moves the Triumph, Conquest & Ecstasy around. When will Carnival make the switches?? all at once?? are these three ships scheduled for drydocks in Fall/Winter 2011 and then they'll be moved??

Here are some cruise dates. You tie the puzzle together. I will give my opinion.

CONQUEST: The Conquest is booked for all 7 day cruises from now until April 29, 2012. This indicates that the Conquest will NOT move to another port because this would cause it to have to book a cruise with a different amount of days. So it stays in Galveston.

TRIUMPH: The Triumph has no bookings between September 24, 2011 and October 6, 2011. This could mean that it is going into drydock at that time and also that it could be going to another port. It will only be sailing 4 and 5 day cruises from October 6, 2011 to April 28, 2012 and not any of the 7 day cruises that it is doing now. So it could go to Galveston to do 4 and 5 day cruises while the Conquest does 7 day cruises or it could stay in New Orleans after drydock for 4 and 5 day cruises.

ECSTASY: The Ecstasy is booking on September 3, 2011 for ? number of days and will not have another booking until September 22, 2011. It will either be a 19 day cruise or a shorter cruise and then drydock. Then it will book 4 and 5 day cruises until April 30, 2012 except for a 7 day cruise on October 1, 2012.

This indicates that the Ecstasy will move to New Orleans in September while the Triumph has no bookings there and it will cruise from there on September 22, September 26 and October 1 while the Triumph is in drydock. On October 1 it will cruise back to Galveston to remain while the Triumph remains in New Orleans to do 4 and 5 day cruises.

MAGIC: The Magic is booked from Barcelona to Galveston on October 28, 2011. Then it has a 6 day cruise on November 14, 2011 and then all 7 day cruises until April 29, 2012 except for an 8 day holiday cruise on December 18, 2011.

This indicated that the Magic will have a 6 day cruise on 11-14-11 to New Orleans where it will have it's home port and remain doing 7 day cruises to 4-29-12.

So this schedule shows the Conquest and Ecstasy will remain in Galveston except for a short stint while the Ecstasy replaces the Triumph in New Orleans while it is in drydock.

New Orleans will homeport the Triumph and Magic.

Sorry if I have ruined anyone's hopes. Carnival plans the schedules, not me.

ok, let's say the Magic does indeed stay in Galveston and Carnival moves the Triumph, Conquest & Ecstasy around. When will Carnival make the switches?? all at once?? are these three ships scheduled for drydocks in Fall/Winter 2011 and then they'll be moved??

Triumph should be dry docked Sept of 2011 ...so it will be dry docked then.

Interresting.....maybe someone can do a diagram showing the moves and dates....LOL

hahahahahahahaha

:p

Here are some cruise dates. You tie the puzzle together. I will give my opinion.

CONQUEST: The Conquest is booked for all 7 day cruises from now until April 29, 2012. This indicates that the Conquest will NOT move to another port because this would cause it to have to book a cruise with a different amount of days. So it stays in Galveston.

TRIUMPH: The Triumph has no bookings between September 24, 2011 and October 6, 2011. This could mean that it is going into drydock at that time and also that it could be going to another port. It will only be sailing 4 and 5 day cruises from October 6, 2011 to April 28, 2012 and not any of the 7 day cruises that it is doing now. So it could go to Galveston to do 4 and 5 day cruises while the Conquest does 7 day cruises or it could stay in New Orleans after drydock for 4 and 5 day cruises.

ECSTASY: The Ecstasy is booking on September 3, 2011 for ? number of days and will not have another booking until September 22, 2011. It will either be a 19 day cruise or a shorter cruise and then drydock. Then it will book 4 and 5 day cruises until April 30, 2012 except for a 7 day cruise on October 1, 2012.

This indicates that the Ecstasy will move to New Orleans in September while the Triumph has no bookings there and it will cruise from there on September 22, September 26 and October 1 while the Triumph is in drydock. On October 1 it will cruise back to Galveston to remain while the Triumph remains in New Orleans to do 4 and 5 day cruises.

MAGIC: The Magic is booked from Barcelona to Galveston on October 28, 2011. Then it has a 6 day cruise on November 14, 2011 and then all 7 day cruises until April 29, 2012 except for an 8 day holiday cruise on December 18, 2011.

This indicated that the Magic will have a 6 day cruise on 11-14-11 to New Orleans where it will have it's home port and remain doing 7 day cruises to 4-29-12.

So this schedule shows the Conquest and Ecstasy will remain in Galveston except for a short stint while the Ecstasy replaces the Triumph in New Orleans while it is in drydock.

That would work for me, too :)

Not necessarily. If Carnival replaces Conquest with Magic, those booked on Conquest will have their reservation moved to the same date Magic sailing. In fact, I'd be surprised if Carnival has the facilities to handle two ships in Galveston on the same date.

If Magic goes to Galveston, Conquest will be moving.

Hmmm, interesting indeed,

I have been looking since last night and if you use the Carnival booking search and punch in Sept 2011, there are no Galveston listings....

At all.

Just checked again...August 2011 gets you Galveston as an embarkation port...Sept 2011 Galveston is not an option.

Not necessarily. If Carnival replaces Conquest with Magic, those booked on Conquest will have their reservation moved to the same date Magic sailing. In fact, I'd be surprised if Carnival has the facilities to handle two ships in Galveston on the same date.

EXACTLY! This is why Magic will only be in Galveston for one day 11-14-11, the day it arrives from Barcelona and sails to New Orleans via Aruba. Conquest sails on 11-13-11 and every other 7 days from Galveston.

PS You don't actually think that Carnival would take the low fares they charge for Conquest and update these people to Magic at no extra charge, do you?

Hmmm, interesting indeed,

I have been looking since last night and if you use the Carnival booking search and punch in Sept 2011, there are no Galveston listings....

At all.

Just checked again...August 2011 gets you Galveston as an embarkation port...Sept 2011 Galveston is not an option.

The cruise dates for these ships that I mentioned are on Carnival's web site but you can not find them using the search functions. You must be logged in and adding bookings to view them.

Source please? Carnival site still shows nothing available for booking out of Galveston past August 2011 :confused:

The cruise dates for these ships that I mentioned are on Carnival's web site but you can not find them using the search functions. You must be logged in and adding bookings to view them.

You cant book Conquest for those dates either, so there would be no reason to move bookings to Magic?

Conquest, Ecstasy and Triumph dates for next year have not been released.

You cant book Conquest for those dates either, so there would be no reason to move bookings to Magic?

Even simpler then.

PS You don't actually think that Carnival would take the low fares they charge for Conquest and update these people to Magic at no extra charge, do you?

They would if they were replacing Conquest after already having taken bookings. Since that hasn't happened, no they won't do that.

As much as I doubted they would put Magic in Galveston, I doubt even more they'd put her in New Orleans, FWIW.

I drove from Tennessee to New York to Fairbanks' date=' Alaska, in a 1959 36-horsepower VW Beetle. [/b']It took over two weeks, and since it was before the Alcan Highway was paved, 18-wheelers kicking back rocks from the road broke our windshiel, both headlights, and punched a hole int he gas tank. so we had to stop several times for repairs.

I did the return trip four years later in a 1964 Falcon and my wife and a three-year-old. :)

It's a beautiful trip, but can take a long time and be very stressful. :)

That would be a blast (not the rocks breaking the windshield etc...but the rest of it).

We loved Alaska. We flew up to Anchorage one week before our cruise sailed and rented a car. We did the "loop" to Denali, Fairbanks, GlenAllen and back to Anchorage.

We prefer cruises these days...but still manage to squeeze in a road trip (like a Nacar Race) or two. We will be spending a week in Charlotte in October to hit the Nascar garages... ending the week in Talladega!!woo hoo

They have not been PUBLICLY released yet but they are on Carnival's web site where they can not be found using the search function.

They have not been PUBLICLY released yet but they are on Carnival's web site where they can not be found using the search function.

Of course I know that ... I posted it myself on this thread how to find them so others could see them.

My point was to the poster I quoted who said people who booked Conquest would be moved to Magic ..there would be no need as the dates have not been released.... seeing them is not the same as someone could book them and then have to be moved to Magic ...look at the post I quoted and responded to. I guess my post wasnt clear to you what I meant.

I was logged in?

What do you mean add bookings?

(how do you add them if they dont show up>?)

Are you trying to say that you know something? :confused:

Yes.....thus the gag order.;)

WOW...if you sang half as good as you looked...you were GOLDEN!!!!

ahh....thanks :)

I've gone crazy too. I have been spending so much time on CC these last few days!

Me too..this is crazy:eek:

now/////let me go find a post I'd like to briefly address;)

That would be a blast (not the rocks breaking the windshield etc...but the rest of it).

We loved Alaska. We flew up to Anchorage one week before our cruise sailed and rented a car. We did the "loop" to Denali, Fairbanks, GlenAllen and back to Anchorage.

We prefer cruises these days...but still manage to squeeze in a road trip (like a Nacar Race) or two. We will be spending a week in Charlotte in October to hit the Nascar garages... ending the week in Talladega!!woo hoo

The Canadian Rockies were absolutely gorgeous with Dall sheep and mountain goats and moose and grizzlies in the wild. At another point, just after we crossed into Alaska, we were going about 70mph and a buffalo crossed in front of us. We missed it by about a foot. We could also hear wolves howling at night while we were trying to go to sleep.:eek:

Without revealing anything specific......I can say, even though you put a lot of thought in this Tally.....it's not correct ;)

All this speculation from 100 experts with 100 different opinions is making by head hurt. :D I think I'll just take about 4 Ibuprofen and wait until Randy tells me what is really going to happen. :)

Well actually Allen......Carnival will probably announce it and someone post it while I'm ofline...lol...cause you KNOW as soon as they announce it, 2 seconds later it will be a post....lol

Carnival is milking this for all it is worth. Seriously what better way to get free publicity AND get the cruise addicts (not me :D) worked up enough to book fast and pay premium prices when they do open up bookings.

I'm sure the peeps at Carnival are having a grand laugh at CC expense. And they have every right! :p They think they are laughing all the way to the bank. I hope someone up there knows when enough is enough!!!!

Carnival is milking this for all it is worth. Seriously what better way to get free publicity AND get the cruise addicts (not me :D) worked up enough to book fast and pay premium prices when they do open up bookings.

I'm sure the peeps at Carnival are having a grand laugh at CC expense. And they have every right! :p They think they are laughing all the way to the bank. I hope someone up there knows when enough is enough!!!!

Yes and the have a few people specifically monitor us all day as well as some others that check in periodically.;)

Archived