Magic is going to................

Legend

Magic homeport is no secret, they just are not announcing it yet. Galveston is the homeport, I did not ask about other ships, etc. Just hung up with PVP. Will call me when they open bookings, we are bookng Magic for Thanksgiving 2011. Call Your PVP, they know.

Well you break her in cause Team Magic will be the week after you or the following...or maybe both :D

This is beginning to become quite annoying - Carnival not announcing the schedule for the whole fleet and the Magic. They've been saying since March, I think, that it would be announced "in the next week," or "by the end of the month."

Well you break her in cause Team Magic will be the week after you or the following...or maybe both :D

Ok will do.

PVP thought it was funny, all the speculation on CC. I told him to look at the thread.

BTW why can we not tell who our PVP is on CC?

Ok will do.

PVP thought it was funny, all the speculation on CC. I told him to look at the thread.

BTW why can we not tell who our PVP is on CC?

Because it's the rules....and the answer to your next why is...because it's the rules....lol

In the mail I received a cruise brochure and in it there is a 15 day/ 14 nt Carnival Magic cruise on 10/14 Round trip Barcelona. I did not see date that previously on the Carnival site.

I thought it was a 16 day cruise ... interesting.

humm wonder what the pre/post cruise excursions would be in Bayport? Tour of a oil refinery? Visit where Gilley's used to be located?

Actually there is alot to do. There is Kemah Boardwalk with rides and attractions and many restaurants. There is Johnson Space Center, Herman Park & Zoo, and Uptown Houston. All within a 30 minute drive of Bayport. There are many things to do but not alot within walking distance of the port. If a ship ever got there more things would go in.

I think I'll stay away from these boards until Monday.

But quick question; we have 5 ships without schedules after Sept. 2011, the Magic, Triumph, Ecstays, Conquest & Spirit. Everyone's talking about the first 4, but any thought as to what's going on with the Spirit in Fall 2011???

Originally Posted by blyle viewpost.gif

In the mail I received a cruise brochure and in it there is a 15 day/ 14 nt Carnival Magic cruise on 10/14 Round trip Barcelona. I did not see date that previously on the Carnival site.

"That will be a surprise to the people booked on the Oct 16th, Carnival Magic 12 day cruise"

Are you guys looking at the same YEAR?

I think I'll stay away from these boards until Monday.

But quick question; we have 5 ships without schedules after Sept. 2011, the Magic, Triumph, Ecstays, Conquest & Spirit. Everyone's talking about the first 4, but any thought as to what's going on with the Spirit in Fall 2011???

Hopefully she will keep doing Mexico-Hawaii-Alaska-Hawaii-Mexico.

"That will be a surprise to the people booked on the Oct 16th, Carnival Magic 12 day cruise"

We thought 10/14 was Oct 14th, ... so you are saying it says Oct 2014?

We don't like to play by the rules Randy!!!! :p

I noticed....that's what keeps about 30 of us hosts busy :)

Hopefully she will keep doing Mexico-Hawaii-Alaska-Hawaii-Mexico.

I can see that after that Sept 6, 2011 cruise from Seattle back to Seattle.....she then on Sept 13, 2011 does from Seattle to Vancouver arriving the 20th and if you look at this fall (2010) you'll see that is when she heads to Hawaii for a month or so and then back to San Deigo......so I'm thinking she is doing the same..so far :)

There is an active role call for the Oct 16th, 2011 cruise. NO other years are released.

Good morning everyone. We can't expect to hear any announcements from Carnival over the weekend. Maybe Monday?

I would not be surprised to hear that the announcements were delayed while contracts were being signed with the new Bayport terminal or the large expansion of the Julia Terminal in New Orleans. I am sure these 2 cities did not spend millions of dollars for nothing on these terminals and both ports mention talks with cruise lines to bring ships there.

And Spirit still remains as the only Carnival ship that they have not posted sailing dates on through April 2012. I wonder why?

Carnival will not use Bayport. Only an emergency would get them there as they have a long term agreement with Galveston.

Carnival will not use Bayport. Only an emergency would get them there as they have a long term agreement with Galveston.

i don't think that anything would preclude them from using bayport if they (or related lines) brought an ADDITIONAL ship...

I doubt they would do that. That would cannibalize their own market.

Odd, Host Mach who I consider in the know, was hinting very strongly a few months back that Carnival would have some big news to do with Bayport ... Im assuming it fell thru.

How would adding a 3rd ship, if the market would bear it, cannibalize their own market? I see it happening at some point in the future still. Steve the CD on Ecstasy says long term Carnival would like to have 5 ships in Texas.

Odd, Host Mach who I consider in the know, was hinting very strongly a few months back that Carnival would have some big news to do with Bayport ... Im assuming it fell thru.

How would adding a 3rd ship, if the market would bear it, cannibalize their own market? I see it happening at some point in the future still. Steve the CD on Ecstasy says long term Carnival would like to have 5 ships in Texas.

If they have the Magic and the Triumph in Galveston, is there really a need for another ship just up the road, probably doing a similar itinerary to boot? Probably not. I don't think Bayport will remain empty forever...I just don't see CARNIVAL going to Bayport...not with the capacity they already have/will have from Galveston...who knows perhaps NCL or Princess would return down the road.

Just checked again and it says "14nt/ 15 day Grand Meditteranean Cruise sailing form Barcelona Oct. 14, 2011......Bonus offer 2 NT stay in Barcelona. So they must be adding in the free 2 nt precruise stay they are offering.

Years ago the Galaxy had a great itinerary to the Panama Canal but then it started having propulsion problems and hobbled into some ports. At that time all 3 ships that were here , Celebration, Grand Princess and Galaxy has major engine problems and I suspect it may have affected the bookings. All ships were removed and the bad press stopped. All ships have since been sold except for the Grand Princess. The cruise lines knew they had a first time cruiser market and did not send the "BEST" of their fleet!

I hope Carnival puts 3 ships in Galveston/Bayport. The Ecstasy's 4/5 cruises are very popular. I think Carnival will wwant to keep that in Galveston.

I just got a email from a travel agency in the DFW area and for what it's worth here's what they had to say about the subject:

Lots of exciting Galveston CRUISE NEWS to share..... from Carnival & Royal Caribbean!

The biggest news....(we can't release for another couple days until it is "official")....

BUT.....Carnival will be replacing BOTH of its ships in Galveston in fall of 2011!

The Conquest will be replaced by.........???

and the Ecstasy will be replaced by .........????

Stay tuned for the announcements,

Archived