Oosterdam decks 6&7 balcony covered?

mexico5

Hi, I'm afraid I have another question about my selection of cabins on Oosterdam. I had earlier asked if VE (deck 5) was covered and I have used the search forum and found great info!

So is this right? All side cabins (VE, VC) on deck 5 are totally covered/private and on decks 6 and 7 there is little to no privacy?

We are trying (I love the fact that my DH likes to be involved in planning!) to decided between VE or VC on deck 5, VB on deck 6 or VA on deck 7 or SY on deck 6. BUT if some of the balconies are not covered then that might make our decision easier! The prices are not that much different for the above cats but this isn't our only holiday this year to save for so that's why we are having a hard time deciding.

Also on deck 5 do the little boats below bother anyone? Can you still see things?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

On the Oosterdam all of the balconies are completely covered except as follows:

The VD/VF/VH on deck 4 have the outer 1.5 ft (out of 7.5 ft) uncovered.

The stern cabins on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 are about half covered.

This pic is the Zuiderdam stern, but the Oosterdam is the same. Click to enlarge.

2626037400099632937BGprMY_th.jpg

The lifeboats below deck 5 will only block your view if you are standing at the railing and looking straight down.

I think the best cabins for the money are deck 4 VDs, as they have a larger balcony than any of the side VA/VB/VC for less money.

Thanks and the stern cabins are those right in the back, not the side cabins right? We would only be interested in the side cabins so I guess they will all be covered on decks 6 & 7!

Can't wait to get our cabin booked! That to me is the hardest thing to decide on when trying a line that you are not used to!

Thanks!

Right - the stern cabins face the wake.

This pic shows how far the lifeboats hang below deck 5. (Ignore the red box marking a cabin on deck 6, as that was added to answer another person's question.) You can also see here how covered the side balconies are on decks 5, 6, 7, and 8.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148002&d=1267223743

So it is either an aft cabin on deck 5, 6 or 7. A little more money the higher deck we go up...just read that the aft cabins on deck 5 have the largest cabin/balcony? I have to be careful because I might be reading things from before some renovation took place?

It's around $300/cabin to move from deck 5 to deck 6, from deck 6 to deck 7. As long as it is completely covered we are not too concerned with the size, but maybe a higher deck would be nice.

Thanks again!

Hi, We had cabin 7007(a fore cabin about three back on the starboard side) on the Oosterdam three years ago. It was covered and we liked it. Two years ago on the Oosterdam we had a VD on deck 5 just above the life boats. Can't remember the cabin but is was midship and I liked it too. My DH didn't like the lifeboat so close below our deck though.

Archived