Old SEA MILES vs new FUN POINTS

wiskt

Ok I have have my Carnival credit card for many years now and have been accumulating my points spesifically for a gift for someone.

When the card switched over to the new FUN POINTS my 66,000 seamiles transferred in full and I called Carnival to inquire if the same points would apply for the same length cruise. I was told it would be comparable.

My goal according to the old SEAMILES chart was for one of these:

60,000 - 7 day Mexican Riviera Interior stateroom

65,000 - 8 day Mexican Riviera Interior stateroom

75,000 - 7 day Mexican Riviera OV stateroom

Well, I just went on a 4 day cruise and when I checked how many funpoints I would need to pay for the cruise it said 63,000. This was just for the actual booking. When I added in my onboard bill thinking the total would be closer to a 7-day booking amount it told me I would need 93,000! It appears the "value" of the Funpoints are not worth the value the old SEAMILES were. Upsetting because I was hoping to redeam them for a booked cruise in the next 6-8 months. :(

Has anyone else noticed a big difference in what you were saving for and what you need to use now ?

Those points you're quoting above are per person. So the 7 day Riviera interior would be 120,000 for 2 people.

The redemption rates for Fun Points are MUCH better than Sea Miles!

This is true.

Those points you're quoting above are per person. So the 7 day Riviera interior would be 120,000 for 2 people.

The redemption rates for Fun Points are MUCH better than Sea Miles!

yeah, I knew the SEAMILES totals were only for one person. and what they were asking for on FUNPOINTS was also only for one share of the cost, but now that I re-checked it I see you are correct. The FUNPOINTS total would have actually paid for the entire stateroom cost for both people. So I guess they are much better.

Thanks for clarifying that. Now it looks like I may be able to get both of our stateroom costs covered through FUNPOINTS. Even better

. . . The FUNPOINTS total would have actually paid for the entire stateroom cost for both people. So I guess they are much better.

Definitely MUCH better.

Enjoy the benefits of your points!! :)

Ok I have have my Carnival credit card for many years now and have been accumulating my points spesifically for a gift for someone.

When the card switched over to the new FUN POINTS my 66,000 seamiles transferred in full and I called Carnival to inquire if the same points would apply for the same length cruise. I was told it would be comparable.

My goal according to the old SEAMILES chart was for one of these:

60,000 - 7 day Mexican Riviera Interior stateroom

65,000 - 8 day Mexican Riviera Interior stateroom

75,000 - 7 day Mexican Riviera OV stateroom

Well, I just went on a 4 day cruise and when I checked how many funpoints I would need to pay for the cruise it said 63,000. This was just for the actual booking. When I added in my onboard bill thinking the total would be closer to a 7-day booking amount it told me I would need 93,000! It appears the "value" of the Funpoints are not worth the value the old SEAMILES were. Upsetting because I was hoping to redeam them for a booked cruise in the next 6-8 months. :(

Has anyone else noticed a big difference in what you were saving for and what you need to use now ?

Well let me ask a question is this with visa or mastercard?

That is correct the old SeaMiles was with MasterCard and the new Fun Points is still with MasterCard but the new SeaMiles with Chase Bank is a Visa card.

Can you use the FunPoints for a 3rd and 4th person in same cabin?

Archived