Anyone NOT like the Steakhouse?

Talli

we miss the live music of the Supper Club - but still enjoy it.

The MDR has nothing close to the 24oz Porterhouse... that's a steak!

Yep thats a steak. Had a heck of a time cleaning that up.

Its a wounderful evening for two. Try that other line and you have to pay more in the MDR for a good steak. try it you will like it.

Carnival used to give a discount of $5-10 (back when they first had these restaurants) off the first night if you made reservations to the "specialty" restaurant ahead of time. Can anyone tell me if they still do? Last few cruises have been with someone else so just wondering. Thanks for info but if no one knows, I guess I'll call & ask.

Carnival used to give a discount of $5-10 (back when they first had these restaurants) off the first night if you made reservations to the "specialty" restaurant ahead of time. Can anyone tell me if they still do? Last few cruises have been with someone else so just wondering. Thanks for info but if no one knows, I guess I'll call & ask.

Cost is $ 30 no matter when you make reservations.

Way back when the 'Supper Club" ne "Steakhouse" first started, they had a hookup with JOE'S STONE CRAB. Not Joe's Crab shacks but the one and only Joe's of Miami Beach.

When stone crab claw were in season, you could order them in the 'Supper Club.' Don't know what happened but I suspect that Joe's pulled out of the deal since they have never seemed to have expansionist ideas. And it is NOT possible to have a meal in Joe's for $30. pp. It wasn't then and its not now. $50.pp would be getting off easy.

Then it was a tough choice, high quality steak or crab claws. Now its easy, bring me a slightly wounded steak!!

Way back when the 'Supper Club" ne "Steakhouse" first started, they had a hookup with JOE'S STONE CRAB. Not Joe's Crab shacks but the one and only Joe's of Miami Beach.

When stone crab claw were in season, you could order them in the 'Supper Club.' Don't know what happened but I suspect that Joe's pulled out of the deal since they have never seemed to have expansionist ideas. And it is NOT possible to have a meal in Joe's for $30. pp. It wasn't then and its not now. $50.pp would be getting off easy.

Then it was a tough choice, high quality steak or crab claws. Now its easy, bring me a slightly wounded steak!!

Of course, the very same stone crab claws that cost $70 at Joe's can be had for $15 at any local seafood shack in Florida in season. ;)

I loves me some stone crab claws. :D

Of course, the very same stone crab claws that cost $70 at Joe's can be had for $15 at any local seafood shack in Florida in season. ;)

I loves me some stone crab claws. :D

I agree that the $15. claws are also excellent. But it seems, not quite as good as Joe's. That might just be me buying into the 'hype,' but I also love that simple wedge of lettuce with their dressing. It just seems to complement all the other flavors, and can easily stand on its own. And my Cardiologist can tell you I'm not much of a salad eater!!:eek::eek:

I agree that the $15. claws are also excellent. But it seems, not quite as good as Joe's.

They're the same claws. In fact, the ones at the local seafood shack are probably fresher than the ones at Joe's. Many of those guys do their own fishing and crabbing, keeping the best stuff for their own restaurants.

They're the same claws. In fact, the ones at the local seafood shack are probably fresher than the ones at Joe's. Many of those guys do their own fishing and crabbing, keeping the best stuff for their own restaurants.

Like I said, " That might just be me buying into the 'hype,'

Some think micky d's serves food.:eek::rolleyes:

We enjoy everything about it. The food is 100x better than the mdr. I like the slower pace and don't think the $30 is a lot to pay for the meal.

To me, a good meal should be eaten at that pace, but not everyone enjoys that.

We enjoy everything about it. The food is 100x better than the mdr. I like the slower pace and don't think the $30 is a lot to pay for the meal.

To me, a good meal should be eaten at that pace, but not everyone enjoys that.

I totally agree. We ALWAYS no matter what cruise line go to the specialty restuarants. Well worth every penny.. IMPO :D

I just booked 4 of us for dinner at the Steakhouse on Carnival Splendor, but I didn't realize how long the service lasts.

I was excited to try in and not put off by the price but I'll have a 4 and 7 yr old with us so I'm thinking the slower pace will not work with children who get impatient and fidgety.

Anyone have any thoughts about this experience as it relates to taking children with you?

Thanks in advance!

-Lucinda

I just booked 4 of us for dinner at the Steakhouse on Carnival Splendor, but I didn't realize how long the service lasts.

I was excited to try in and not put off by the price but I'll have a 4 and 7 yr old with us so I'm thinking the slower pace will not work with children who get impatient and fidgety.

Anyone have any thoughts about this experience as it relates to taking children with you?

Thanks in advance!

-Lucinda

I am sure that your children are well behaved but 2 1/2 hours is alot to ask of them to sit through dinner.:)

Thanks in advance!

-Lucinda

For 99.9% of today's children, this is NOT a place for children.

Thanks in advance!

-Lucinda

Two words - Camp Carnival - that's where mine are headed:D

Thanks in advance!

-Lucinda

Do every one a favor. Take them to camp carnival. You will have more fun, they will have more fun...

Spirit started off with Joe's Stone Crab, you are right it was great!

I did not like it - I ordered the Lobster tail and it was like chewing on a rubber band. We will not be doing the steakhouse - the dining room was just fine!

Might be why they changed the name from "Supper Club," to "Steakhouse."

It's an excellent beef place, and there is no such thing as a good FROZEN lobster tail, anywhere. Fresh cooked LIVE Maine lobster is terrific. Everything else is passing off garbage.

Archived