home from Serenade (Sun. to Sun itin.) Any ?'s

nunk

We are just home from an amazing vacation that started last Saturday with our night flight from LAX to SJU. We were on the Serenade with stops in Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Marteen and St Croix. I'm planning to add a review (hopefully tomorrow) but in the meantime, if you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer them!

From what I have been reading on the posts it seems like there is not very much entertainment at night. I know this itinerary is port intensive which is what we want so we are not looking to stay up till 2 in the morning, but we would love something to do after dinner such as dancing etc. Please let me know what goes on at night.

Thanks!!

Glad you had a fantastic trip!! I look forward to reading your review!

Just a few questions..I see from another poster that the formal nights are indeed Monday and Friday?

Can you tell me what menus were served on what nights? Did you have a chance to eat at Portofino's or Chops? Wondering what your opinions are :)

Also looking forward to hearing what you did on the islands! Did you have fantastic weather?

Can't wait until it's our turn :)

BMG, thank you for confirming that. Well, that stinks, was hoping to use that. Guess we will do the RCCL Rainforest tour, and keep the bags on the bus.Our flight isn't until 6pm, hopefully the lines at the airport are a little better in the afternoon, than the morning...

Hi all,

I am working on my review this morning and hope to post today. I'm not sure how long it will be but I do want to include a few things that I wish I would have thought about ahead of time and maybe give some info that hasn't been posted around here already!

Quick answer to a few of the ?'s here:

Formal nights were Monday and Friday- with lobster being the second. Didn't try to the specialty restaurants but friends did Chops and said it was good, but maybe overrated. I don't eat red meat so I can't give first hand experience but there was steak ordered every night at our dining table by at least one person and it was agreed that the regular menu steak was very good!

I will reach into my memory for a more detailed dinner menu and look over our compasses to find details on night time entertainment.

Finally, BroncosFan (Go Raiders)- St Croix was beautiful...from what we saw. ;) We were pretty wiped out by the last day and wanted to see a beach but not drive forever so we took a taxi a mile away to a "somewhat" secluded beach called Rainbow beach. I will give more details in our review but I would recommend it for something to do on the last day of a very busy cruise!

Hi all,

I am working on my review this morning and hope to post today. I'm not sure how long it will be but I do want to include a few things that I wish I would have thought about ahead of time and maybe give some info that hasn't been posted around here already!

Formal nights were Monday and Friday- with lobster being the second. Didn't try to the specialty restaurants but friends did Chops and said it was good, but maybe overrated. I don't eat red meat so I can't give first hand experience but there was steak ordered every night at our dining table by at least one person and it was agreed that the regular menu steak was very good!

I will reach into my memory for a more detailed dinner menu and look over our compasses to find details on night time entertainment.

Finally, BroncosFan (Go Raiders)- St Croix was beautiful...from what we saw. ;) We were pretty wiped out by the last day and wanted to see a beach but not drive forever so we took a taxi a mile away to a "somewhat" secluded beach called Rainbow beach. I will give more details in our review but I would recommend it for something to do on the last day of a very busy cruise!

Thanks for your postings so far Nunk :) Anxiously awaiting your review :))

Cannot wait to read your review! We leave on July 4th to do the same itinerary as you just did. We live in Florida so it has been a long time since we have flown to a port. Is San Juan airport pretty easy to navigate?

Thanks for checking in! I can't wait to read your review. We are doing the Gecko tour and it ends up at Rainbow Beach so I would love to hear more about what you thought about it and Rhythms (if you happen to go there). Thanks!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick answer. We have a private tour booked to go to Buck Island for the snorkel tour, and we need to get ourselves to the other side of the island. How early were you able to get off the ship?

So just to confirm, Lobster night would be Tuesday night after a day in Barbados or did you mean the second formal night?

Thank you.

Lobster was the second formal night, so that would be on Friday.

Thanks for the quick answer. We have a private tour booked to go to Buck Island for the snorkel tour, and we need to get ourselves to the other side of the island. How early were you able to get off the ship?

If I remember correctly it was 7 am.

Archived