Cabin 8011 QM2

north east girl

Been doing a bit of research on this cabin since my post. Have seen a photo that had been posted on here. So I've answered my own question.

I was a bit worried that I had made a mistake, pleased to say I'm very happy with it after seeing the photo. There is nothing to stop us having a great view.

Catherine

Catherine...don't worry about your view from there. It will be wonderful. I'm well familiar with that area as we travel in the cabin next door and don't choose to book any other one. You have great views up to the bridge wing activity when docking too which is fun. Last year in Oslo the Captain waved to me from there as I was looking out at docking from the balcony...it's a great location if you love the Commodore Club as much as we do. Just a short stroll home at the end of the day.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

Catherine...don't worry about your view from there. It will be wonderful. I'm well familiar with that area as we travel in the cabin next door and don't choose to book any other one. You have great views up to the bridge wing activity when docking too which is fun. Last year in Oslo the Captain waved to me from there as I was looking out at docking from the balcony...it's a great location if you love the Commodore Club as much as we do. Just a short stroll home at the end of the day.

Cheers, Penny

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

Hi Penny, Thanks for the reasurance, was wondering if I had done the right thing. I had to make the decision very fast as it was the last glass balcony available. All the A1 and A2 are wait listed.

I like the idea of seeing into the bridge, I might get lucky and get a wave aswell.

Catherine

Hi Penny, Thanks for the reasurance, was wondering if I had done the right thing. I had to make the decision very fast as it was the last glass balcony available. All the A1 and A2 are wait listed.

I like the idea of seeing into the bridge, I might get lucky and get a wave aswell.

Catherine

Well it was a good fast decision...I think you'll be pleased. Had we not changed our booking from your Med cruise to the Norway one in August, we'd have been neighbors!! As it is, our oldest, best friends will be right across from you in that same location on the port side for the Med trip. They didn't switch trips.

Cheers, Penny

Been doing a bit of research on this cabin since my post. Have seen a photo that had been posted on here. So I've answered my own question.

I was a bit worried that I had made a mistake, pleased to say I'm very happy with it after seeing the photo. There is nothing to stop us having a great view.

Catherine

You have done well there and you will be just fine, I must check dates, we must try and meet up for a meal,drink and chat or something

You have done well there and you will be just fine, I must check dates, we must try and meet up for a meal,drink and chat or something

It would be nice if something could be arranged. Maybe we could get a group together. I've see something like that arranged on the boards last year.

Catherine

Well it was a good fast decision...I think you'll be pleased. Had we not changed our booking from your Med cruise to the Norway one in August, we'd have been neighbors!! As it is, our oldest, best friends will be right across from you in that same location on the port side for the Med trip. They didn't switch trips.

Cheers, Penny

Shame we are not going to be neighbors, would have liked to have a chance to meet up.

Will let you know what we think of the cabin when we get back.

Catherine

It would be nice if something could be arranged. Maybe we could get a group together. I've see something like that arranged on the boards last year.

Catherine

I organised one in soton last year, ships cat had one in the south west, we are thinking of one in bristol

Many questions. Thanks in advance for answers.

1. How often do these meetings happen.

2. Are they held on both sides of the atlantic.

3. How many attended the last ones.

4. Are conference halls/meeting rooms hired.

5. Is it a lecture/meeting with guest speakers.

6. Does Cruisecritic organise them.

7. Can anyone just turn up.

8. Are there membership fees to pay.

Thanks.

SFB.

I organised one in soton last year, ships cat had one in the south west, we are thinking of one in bristol

Not sure how far Bristol is for us. A weekend would suit us as I don't work weekends.

I wouldn't mind making a weekend of it, maybe find a hotel for the night. We like to have the odd weekend away.

Just checked out the distance online, it's 5 hours drive for us. Would have to make a weekend of it.

Catherine

Have a great time .

Meeting are just arranged with members who live near each other,I used a restaurant in southampton last time

Rob thanks. Sorry 'bout the wait been away.

We are keen on meeting up with other members of this board. Putting faces to online names. So you arrange the meetings in restaurants. Fine.

Can you answer a couple of questions so we know what to expect.

Are there membership fees to cover the cost of meals and hire of venues?

How many attend on average and are numbers limited by the venue choice.

Are there people from Cunard or another cruise line or Cruise Critic to speak after dinner.

Are they invitation only or open to all members of Cruise Critic.

Does it matter that we've only cruised on other lines not Cunard yet.

And when where is the next one.

Thanks for the answers Rob

SFB.

Archived