Explorer cruise-airport and transportation options

Hi everyone. My dd is looking into booking the Explorer for Sept.2011. I have read that EWR is the best airport but that seems to be more expensive. Are there other options and if so, what about transportation from the airport to cruise terminal. She will be flying out of CVG, DAY or IND.

Thanks

EWR is much closer to the cruise terminal than any other airport. JFK and LGA are in Queens, NY, so you have an interstate ride. Quite expensive by cab.

Of course, there are alternatives. You could fly into JFK or LGA and take a bus to Manhattan and then connect to another bus to EWR. You could take a bus to Penn Station in Manhattan and then take a NJ Transit train to EWR. I think there is also a direct van service from JFK to EWR through ETS Transit (see the ground transportation desk for ticketing) which is more convenient, but only runs maybe once per hour.

Also think about traffic. Any bus or van going through Manhattan can experience horrific rush hour traffic, which can make the going very very slow.

Hope this information helps.

Alan

Archived