anyone use shoretrips.com for excursion?

STARFISH*4

• 2 weeks later...
I looked into them once and their prices were way more expensive than what I found elsewhere so I didn't book with them.

I agree with you!

Now don't get me wrong, I've used shoretrips.com in the past for a tour and I'm looking at booking a tour on another island for my upcoming cruise.

But at times,esp for the private tours, their pricing is too high.

I would suggest trying Joyce Prince for a private tour. Her rates for a private tour are alot more reasonable and she offers a good value.

If she is booked, you can wait until arriving and head to the taxi stand area. You can booked a private tour their also for alot less.

But like I stated, they are a good company for tours,but at times, their rates for some items are too high.

I have used shoretrips.com many times. Their prices are almost always lower than the cruise, and they offer many more tour options. I have booked both "group" tours and individual private tours with them and not once have I ever had any problems whatsoever. Even the "group" tours are not as crowded as the ship tours. The most I've ever had was one other couple - almost like a private tour for the price of a group tour.

I have used shoretrips.com many times. Their prices are almost always lower than the cruise, and they offer many more tour options. I have booked both "group" tours and individual private tours with them and not once have I ever had any problems whatsoever. Even the "group" tours are not as crowded as the ship tours. The most I've ever had was one other couple - almost like a private tour for the price of a group tour.

Yes I agree that their group tour rates are on par with the others. But the private tour that they offer is way too high! A half day tour for two with shoretrips is $437. You can book a private tour with others with the same value for alot less.

If they want to do a group tour, yes, I would say book with shoretrips because they do limit the number of people on the group tours (on my Guadeloupe tour there was only seven of us),but I wouldn't pay the higher cost for a private tour.

i would like to know as well, if this company is reliable, good service, etc....they have a pretty good description/reviews/pictures, etc. on their website and i couldn't find any other websites as good...

would it be better to book the excursion ahead of time, before we sail or could we just call them when we are getting close to port?

or just find excursion people as we get off the boat?

i would like to know as well, if this company is reliable, good service, etc....they have a pretty good description/reviews/pictures, etc. on their website and i couldn't find any other websites as good...

would it be better to book the excursion ahead of time, before we sail or could we just call them when we are getting close to port?

or just find excursion people as we get off the boat?

The company is a good one to book excursions with. Like I stated, I've booked with them in the past and will book at least two tours with them for my winter cruise also.

One plus is they keep the number of guest small on their tours. This is one of the biggest draws for them.

Now at times in some ports, some of their tours are high.

Now with a port like St. Martin, you can either book ahead with shoretrips or some of the local vendors that people mention all the time. This is a port where you can book getting off the ship also (others like St. Thomas,Cozumel, Grand Caymans) are ones where you can wait.

I hope it helps

Archived