Enchantment of the Seas - Jamaica, Grand Cayman

TheWog

Thanks, great review!

Based on your experince in the dining room, can you tell me what is the best night to make a reservation for Chops? I will be sailing on the Enchantment in November after she is lenthened.. same itinerary.. and we don't want to miss lobster night!

I don't think Wog can help you with that. There is no Chops on the Enchantment now I don't think...only after she is stretched. Although I guess he could tell you when Lobster night is - although I've heard there isn't always a lobster night. Just sometimes.

Thanks again Wog! Will let you know all about my trip when I return in March.

I am sure TheWog can tell me which night in the dining room (s)he least enjoyed. I just want to make sure I don't pick a night that something superb is being served in the dining room.. I hate to miss out on good food, ya know!

Wog.. was there a particular theme night when the food was not so good? For instance, I have read that others do not care for "Caribbean Night".

Lobster night was the night we left Jamaica (Monday). That was a lot of fun and a great time. GC night the food was ok and nothing spectacular. I can't even remember what I had. The last night I did have the NY Strip steak and that was cooked to my liking and was excellent. Very tender.

My choice would be the night of GC or formal night. Lobster night was delicious and they plan on people eating extra so if you want 'em ask for 'em. THey also had the menu outside the dining room in the day to give you an idea of what was being served and if I remember correctly there was also a menu in the room service book that was close, but not exact.

WOG

Scary, but I thought of you on my trip!!!

We enjoyed the EOS -thought it was 60% booked by the amount of people out and about..........nope 100% booked.

What an enjoyable time.

Was the pooldeck windy at sea? Ours was and it was BREZZY.

I'll do a review later, but enjoyed it a lot. I started looking at balcony crusies this AM. Back at work, but got an email from a website on booking cheap cruises and just had to look!

Glad to know I am loved. hehehe

Yeah, one day heading out the pooldeck was pretty windy. Some people were chilly if they were just sitting, but the sun was pretty strong so I didn't mind too much. I agree, the ship didn't feel crowded even though there were about 2,000 people onboard. It was fun.

WOG - I'm sorry I have another question for you....dress code question for my boyfriend! OK so there is 1 formal night - he'll wear a suit. Then there's 2 smart casual and 2 casual...is this correct??? How did you dress for the smart casual nights? I've read that men either wear a collared shirt and a sports jacket...or just a shirt and tie with no sports jacket. What do you suggest? How were the majority of the men dressed on smart casual nights? For casual he plans to just wear khaki pants and either a short sleeve polo shirt or a long sleeve button down in case it's chilly in the dining room. But we're still not sure what to pack for him for the smart casual nights! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

No problem. Formal night, I wore the suit as he will do. I wore a shirt & tie another night and felt a little over dressed. It seemed the majority of the men were wearing khaki/Dockers style pants and polo shirts for all the nights except Formal. I wore short sleeves as I was plenty warm enough, but bring the long sleeve just in case.

Great - thanks for getting back to me. He will be happy to hear he may not have to wear a shirt and tie the other nights! I guess I'll pack it just in case he feels the need...but that is good to hear! Thanks again! I leave in 2 weeks, 4 days! Getting pretty excited!

The Hyatt was really nice. I had read some reviews that were not that stellar and had a bit of apprehension that the location they would put us would not be as nice. Those fears were put aside. We were treated as any other customer, even though we used PL, and the rooms were perfect. Very large and clean. Bathrooms were clean and everything worked. We had a view of the pools and the tower and thought it was perfect. This was a high class place and we were treated very well by the staff and did not go without. You would do fine staying there.

Archived