Dream Refit ???

I have been looking at a forum re the Port of Harwich and found the following re Thomson Dream, which may be of interest to Thomson Cruisers.

The Cruise Ship list is now availabil on the Harwich international port website and HHA website but there is one question i want to know and that is .

is Thomson Dream coming because on HHA website it says that it is and on HIP scedule it dont

The Thomson Dream is calling at Harwich on 27th Oct. She is on a repositioning cruise and will disembark all her passengers then sail empty, probably to a drydock in Germany for an extensive re-fit, or something like this.

It is at the end of the European cruise season, and as the ship is normally based in the Med, I am guessing this is the reason.

According to the Cruise magazine Thomson sent me, the Dream IS going for a re-fit after her visit to Harwich later this year. As far as I can tell, Thomson are taking the Dream pretty much "as is" from Costa...they appear to be relying on customer feedback over the summer 2010 season before deciding exactly what needs to be changed to bring the ship more in line with the Thomson 'image'. This will probably see a change/update to cabins and possibly to public areas if the public reaction to the original Costa fit is negative. Is sailing from Southampton 08DEC to re-position to the Caribbean for the winter. Think Thomson may want to look at what they offer their Suite guests. Have booked a Suite for last 3 cruises on Thomson Destiny and, to be honest, they don't offer a great deal more than the Balcony and slightly larger accomodation for the substantial supplement over 'normal' cabins

Archived