Pricing

markRichmond

Hello,

My wife and I were looking forward to a cruise on Radisson June 18th from Istanbul to Athens and were informed last week that they had sold the ship. We still really want to take the trip and since we all-ready have the tickets booked, we were looking into the Silversea Shadow that is doing a 10 day cruise during the same time period. The problem is this cruise is currently being priced around $5500pp and that is more than double what we were paying on Radisson.

My question is: Can someone give me some history on Silverseas pricing? I am wondering if they discount at all as the cruise approaches like many ships do or do they usually hold firm? We are prepared to go without the cruise so we can wait until the last day if need be. Also, are there any agents that seem to get better prices (feel free to email me on this one) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Most decent TA's will reprice Silversea if the published price goes down - so you're not at risk. So if you've bitten the bullet and decided to take the cruise - book it now to select the suite you want. The equiavelent cruise in August is unlikely to go down and has in fact just gone up because the early booking for early payment discount has just dissapeared. I've just paid for mine and it was a bit of a shock.

Jeff

Hey Mark, we were in the same predicament as you. We were on the Diamond on July 2nd Venice to Rome and it was cancelled. We found a good deal on the Silver Sailing and jumped on it for May. Yes as it gets closer if the ship is not filling up they will offer the cruise as a Silver Sailing at a discounted rate. Also, if you have already booked your TA will be able to get you the lower rate.

Also have your TA check but certain sailings on Silver Sea are offering an additional 10% discount for those displaced by the Diamond. Of course ours wouldn't have been one of them because it was already discounted by 50%.

I hope things work out for you. Also, I was told that if you wrote to RSSC, that they might extend that $700 per person cruise credit into 2006, but only for the Med and only if you cannot find another Med cruise on Radisson for the same time period this year. Sounds like something to check into.

Good Luck,

Thanks for the tips!

I think what we are going to do is plan to take the trip without the cruise and keep watching the prices. If they fall 20% from current level we will do it. Otherwise there is plenty to see and do in Istanbul.

Mark

Archived