pre hotel stay question

addicted to crusing

I'm new to posting, but not to this site. I have used it for years and it has helped greatly. Now, I need some help. My husband and I are going to be on the Car. Victory in August. We did this before and stayed at the Hotel Milano the night before. We would like this time to go a day early and then stay over a day later when we get back. We love OSJ so we would like to stay there. We are on a budget so we need help. Milano only has a vacancy for the pre-cruise. Has anyone stayed at Howard Johnson's at the Plaza? something? I know that neither are the greatest, but we are just looking for a place to sleep and shower. We are 48 and 50 Yr old so the noise doesn't bother us to much! We tend to not act our age on vacation! Thanks! just looking for any comparsion between Milano and HJ.:) Or if anyone has any other suggestions for hotel stays in Old SJ-thanks

The Holiday Inn Plaza de Armas in OSJ is a great small (boutique type) hotel. Nothing fancy, but nice and clean. Also, you can't beat their prices.

I personally prefer the Sheraton Old San Juan, but it's more expensive than the HI or Milano.

we are going in a day early for our cruise in january. We heard really good things about "da house" hotel .there's a salsa club on the 1st. Floor, so noise could be an issue.we will be staying on a sunday night and understand the club is closed then.the place is very clean and located in the heart of old san juan.visit their web site if you need more info.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I went to trip advisor for help and was glad I did. I have never tried Priceline, but I wonder if they would have a better price on Sheraton Old San Juan? I 've read some post and I'm a little confused on how to use it > Some say click "resort" or something. I would just want to make sure you knew which hotel you would get! I will check out last place suggested also "da house". Thanks for that one also!

Archived