Piazzale Roma - Which Hotel Nearest Cruise Bus Pickup?

OnlyMe

We've decided to stay in Venice the night before our cruise. We will have a toddler and obviously luggage with us so we're looking at staying in one of the hotels on Piazzale Roma. In order to avoid too much dragging of suitcases etc on the morning of the cruise I'm wondering which of the hotels is nearest to where the NCL shuttle picks up passengers? Does anyone know by any chance? Does anyone know roughly the distances?

The hotels I'm thinking about are:

Hotel Santa Chiara

Cá Doge

Hotel Olimpia Venice

Hotel Antiche Figure

If anyone had any ideas of distances of these hotels from the shuttle buss pick-up/set down I'd be extremely grateful

Thanks for reading:)

I just went through this same research too. We picked Ca'Doge which apparently is at the parking garage/bus terminal. Info from other posters and websites says that all of them you found are within walking distance. I always overpack so did not want to be hauling luggage over bridges or worrying about other modes of transport. Plus Ca'Doge has parrots in the lobby that are supposed to be hilarious!! Hope you have fun planning your trip.

Thank you both for your replies!

With an impatient toddler and no doubt lots of luggage (trying not to overpack but need all the bulky baby essentials ... nappies etc etc!) we're looking for the nearest one to the busses too so as little 'hauling' as possible:)

perry - would it be ok to ask if by any chance you have links to any of your research - the parrotts and details of location of Ca'Doge and the busses etc ... have done a fair bit of research but am finding it hard to figure out the bus location etc:o

Thank you both!

cadoge.hotelinvenice.com You can also check tripadvisor for pics and reviews. Not a fancy hotel, but people give it great reviews. You will see from the picture that they actually have parking at this hotel, which means we are at the piazzale roma, since this is the end of the road. I also found that one parrot's name is Millie. That is about all I know until we get there in Sept!! Good luck with everything.

We just stayed at the Best Western Olimpia this past May. It is very close to the shuttle buses at P. Roma, but you will have to cross one small bridge. Also, if you do stay there, ask for a room where you won't have to navigate the narrow halls and staircases. There is a very small lift, but it does not go to the top floor. The nice things about the Olimpia were the wonderful free breakfast which can be eaten inside or out in the garden and the fact that we were able to check in before noon.

I stayed at Ca Doge and it is on one side of the Piazzale Roma. The Santa Chiara is on the other side of the Piazzale Roma. No bridges whatsoever to cross. I'm not very good with distance, but the Piazzale maybe a football field in length. There wasn't a free shuttle when we there on Grand Princess, but the transfer we paid for, let us off close to Ca Doge. And the bus to the airport was about mid-way between the two hotels.

One word of caution, while the Ca Doge was a lovely quaint hotel and our room was beautiful, they do not have an elevator. They did transport our luggage up/down for us. But the stairs did slow our ascent and descent.

Have a great trip!

Thank you all for your information! I'm hoping we won't have too much luggage (well that's the plan but I always tend to overpack:o) so hopefully it won't be too hard to get them up the stairs

I'm just about the book the Ca' Doge as I've heard back from the Santa Chiara and the will not take a one night booking.

Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated!

We just stayed at the Best Western Olimpia this past May. It is very close to the shuttle buses at P. Roma, but you will have to cross one small bridge. Also, if you do stay there, ask for a room where you won't have to navigate the narrow halls and staircases. There is a very small lift, but it does not go to the top floor. The nice things about the Olimpia were the wonderful free breakfast which can be eaten inside or out in the garden and the fact that we were able to check in before noon.

Hi sunshine nana,

Here I am again with more Olimpia questions ;)

We're staying in the Olimpia pre-cruise, and checking out after b'fast on embarkation day to go to St. Mark's Sq., then embarking later in the day.

Is their luggage storage a locked room, accessed only by hotel staff?

Do you know if the Olimpia will allow us to leave our luggage there on the day of checkout? (we realize there is luggage storage at P.Roma, but think it best to leave it at the hotel due to possible long lines at the P.Roma location)

Do you know if they have safety deposit boxes at reception where we can safely leave our valuables?

And if so do you know if we can use it on checkout day as well, while we explore Venice?

We stayed at Hotel Arlechino (sp?) that someone else mentioned. The location next to P. Roma was great, and it was easy to find -- the sign is clearly visible from the bus area. There was only one small bridge to cross (and yes, you are smart to think about this with luggage!). It was a nice little hotel on the canal and I would definitely stay there again.

We've decided to stay in Venice the night before our cruise. We will have a toddler and obviously luggage with us so we're looking at staying in one of the hotels on Piazzale Roma. In order to avoid too much dragging of suitcases etc on the morning of the cruise I'm wondering which of the hotels is nearest to where the NCL shuttle picks up passengers? Does anyone know by any chance? Does anyone know roughly the distances?

The hotels I'm thinking about are:

Hotel Santa Chiara

Cá Doge

Hotel Olimpia Venice

Hotel Antiche Figure

If anyone had any ideas of distances of these hotels from the shuttle buss pick-up/set down I'd be extremely grateful

Thanks for reading:)

You do not have to cross any bridge if you stay at Hotel Santa Chiara.

We're staying in the Olimpia pre-cruise, and checking out after b'fast on embarkation day to go to St. Mark's Sq., then embarking later in the day.

YES

Do you know if the Olimpia will allow us to leave our luggage there on the day of checkout? (we realize there is luggage storage at P.Roma, but think it best to leave it at the hotel due to possible long lines at the P.Roma location)

YES.

WE CHECKED OUT IN THE MORNING & HAD OUR LUGGAGES LOCKED IN THE LUGGAGE STORAGE ROOM. THEN WE WENT OUT UNTIL IT WAS TIME TO EMBARK RUBY PRINCESS.

Do you know if they have safety deposit boxes at reception where we can safely leave our valuables?

THERE IS A LARGE SAFE IN YOUR ROOM.

WE TOOK ALL VALUABLES WITH US AFTER WE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL.

Sorry, I don't know about leaving luggage at BW Olimpia, but it seemed to be professionally run, so if we had needed to, I would have left it with them.

YES

YES.

WE CHECKED OUT IN THE MORNING & HAD OUR LUGGAGES LOCKED IN THE LUGGAGE STORAGE ROOM. THEN WE WENT OUT UNTIL IT WAS TIME TO EMBARK RUBY PRINCESS.

THERE IS A LARGE SAFE IN YOUR ROOM.

WE TOOK ALL VALUABLES WITH US AFTER WE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL.

Thanks sunshine nana and truffles68 - good info :)

Archived