Questions about Carnival Legend:

Could someone please help w/some ans. to these questions:

1. On the last nite, when you have to fill out the immigration form, do both people in room have to do separately if not family members/family members with different names?

2. On the Legend, where are the washer/dryers/irons?

3. Confused about tendering (getting boat off ship to get to port): is it just at Grand Cayman or is Belize still required to be tendered by boat?

4. Is Mahogony Beach real close to the ship in Roatan, is it walking distance?

Thank you so very much to anyone that can help me out with these questions :)

C/BB

1. On the last nite' date=' when you have to fill out the immigration form, do both people in room have to do separately if not family members/family members with different names?

Yes - both people will need to fill out the immigration form if they are not related.

They are located on the passenger decks midship. Make sure to bring your own powder detergent/dryer sheets.

3. Confused about tendering (getting boat off ship to get to port): is it just at Grand Cayman or is Belize still required to be tendered by boat?

Yes, you will be tendering at both Grand Cayman and Belize.

4. Is Mahogony Beach real close to the ship in Roatan, is it walking distance?

Mahogony beach is within walking distance to the ship. You may want to venture out to one of the many beaches on the island. Check the "ports of call" forum for suggestions - our favorite is the Mayan Princess Beach and Resort.

C/BB

See answers in blue....

1. On the last nite' date=' when you have to fill out the immigration form, do both people in room have to do separately if not family members/family members with different names? I do not know...sorry.

2. On the Legend, where are the washer/dryers/irons? We had cabin 5299 a couple years ago - very back of the ship - and across the hall was a small laundry area - 2 washers, 2 dryers. Dont recall irons - just dont bring anything that needs ironed! You are ON vacation!!

3. Confused about tendering (getting boat off ship to get to port): is it just at Grand Cayman or is Belize still required to be tendered by boat? The port at Belize is in very shallow water, and is still tendered. Im not sure what the hype is about "CARNIVAL EXCURSIONS being first available to leave" - I did not find that was the case. We headed to the theater 10 minutes prior to the advertised time and was ALWAYS in the first tender off. - non Carnival excursions. If you are interested, the path the ship takes in and out of Belize is very crazy!! Watch your departure as you leave and they wind in and out of buoys for nearly an hour! Pretty Amazing!

4. Is Mahogony Beach real close to the ship in Roatan, is it walking distance? That I do not know either, but from what I understand it is.

C/BB

We sailed in November 08 (just DH and I) and in August 10 we are taking the kids on the same ship! We, by no choice of my own, visited a substitute port - Costa Maya - for Roatan, so I am very anxious to see Honduras!!

They are located on the passenger decks midship. Make sure to bring your own powder detergent/dryer sheets.

Actually they are located in different areas on each deck. Just ask your room steward where the closest one is located.

For example, we were located near aft starboard Empress deck, our deck's laundry was all the way forward, but on the deck below us the laundry was aft, so we dropped down a deck to use the the laundry.

Was in Roatan in January. What a wonderful new addition to the port. The shops are so well laid out and really worth the time to browse around. There is a chair lift to take you from this area over to the new beach. What a great idea for those not wanting to venture too far.

Although we chose to venture off to Tibyana, we heard from other cruisers how great it was. On our next visit we would definitely go for the option of staying at Mahogany Bay. WELL DONE CARNIVAL.:)

Archived