In The Need Of Help!!!

MidwestFAmily

I am asking EVERYONE'S opinion on what is the best family cruise (3 boys 11,10,8) out there that leaves from Florida. Please feel free to offer any stories, examples...anything. Also don't feel bad if it is negative, I am trying to find the best cruise for us. I had thought about Disney, 5 nights 5300....ouch. Is Disney worth it? Due to my time at work we can only go around Memorial Day next year, I know this isn't helping. Looking forward to your replies.

I am asking EVERYONE'S opinion on what is the best family cruise (3 boys 11,10,8) out there that leaves from Florida. Please feel free to offer any stories, examples...anything. Also don't feel bad if it is negative, I am trying to find the best cruise for us. I had thought about Disney, 5 nights 5300....ouch. Is Disney worth it? Due to my time at work we can only go around Memorial Day next year, I know this isn't helping. Looking forward to your replies.

Having been on Disney with children, my opinion is that you get a cruise just as nice for kids on Royal Caribbean or Carnival that is alot less money. There are several ships that leave from Florida from 3-7 days.

What are your boys like? If they love summer camp type activities and need to be entertained all the time; then they will likely love the kids club. If they are a bit more introverted, then they may prefer to hang out with each other or you. It came as a bit of a surprise to me that not all kids want to spend their vacation in the kids club after hearing from so many people on CC that kids LOVE the kids club.

Our 2DS's, age 6 & 9 went to the kids club a couple of times on RCI's Independence of the Seas last February, but they were by no means begging us to go. What they really loved was the sports deck. The Flowrider, rock climbing wall, basketball court, mini putt, ... the list of activities that RCI offers goes on and on.

If your kids love Disney, then maybe Disney is the right fit for your family, but there are lots of other family friendly cruise lines.

Look at the various ports of call forums to see if there are some specific ports or excursions that your family would enjoy. Perhaps swimming with dolphins in Cozumel, ziplining in Costa Rica or cave tubing in Belize would be appealing. That could help to narrow down the possibilities.

Hope this helps and happy planning.

Archived