anyone just back from Volendam alaska?

LA Native

We may book Verandah suite for July 7. Not too many reviews from this year yet. Anyone just returned?

Also, it appears that the "suite perks" are only for DELUXE verandah suites, not regular verandah suites. Correct?

Just checking to see if there were plumbing problems, etc., mentioned in earlier reviews. Can't tell if these negative reviews are from BEFORE 2009 refurbishment.

Looks like good itinerary out of YVR and nice ship.

Any recent comments? Suggestions?

Was smoke a real problem, as one reviewer posted? We are non-smokers and want to stay away from smoke, but understand it can be a problem on any ship.

thanks.

We may book Verandah suite for July 7. Not too many reviews from this year yet. Anyone just returned?

Also, it appears that the "suite perks" are only for DELUXE verandah suites, not regular verandah suites. Correct?

Just checking to see if there were plumbing problems, etc., mentioned in earlier reviews. Can't tell if these negative reviews are from BEFORE 2009 refurbishment.

Looks like good itinerary out of YVR and nice ship.

Any recent comments? Suggestions?

Was smoke a real problem, as one reviewer posted? We are non-smokers and want to stay away from smoke, but understand it can be a problem on any ship.

thanks.

I have not had any luck finding out anything on Volendam. Cannot find even one person on our cruise. I guess we will be all alone. No current reviews at all. Again good luck. This will be our first cruise and our TA promised this was a good ship.:) Hope so. Happy traveling

I guess we will be all alone.

Wow! Just imagine having the entire ship and crew to yourself! Talk about personal service! :D

Have a great time (and don't forget to come back and tell the rest of us how it went).

Hi all you lucky people

We returned on May the 19th from 7 days on the Volendam

Great, food great, crew great, and the weather was exceptional

We did not get right into Tracey Arm due to ice, so did not see the glaciers. :(

We were very lucky in Glacier Bay as it was a sunny day, although very cold, seen bears, sea lions and dolphins. Watched the glacier calving, very spectacular.:D

The only complaint I have is lack of power outlets in the room. We enquired of HAL before leaving and was told that their were power outlets near the bed, wrong only one outlet below TV, we took power board and extension cord with us so no troubles.:rolleyes:

I think we have caught the cruise bug as we are looking for other cruises, and probably with HAL:p

If you have any specific questions, let me know

All the best and have a great time

Stargazer22

Archived