Port and Starboard....do I have this right??

CRU1Z1N

Ok..so if I'm standing and looking toward the front of the ship..starboard is on my right and port on my left..right?

Then..for public places such as the lido deck..which side is smoking and which is non smoking?

Thanks!

Ok..so if I'm standing and looking toward the front of the ship..starboard is on my right and port on my left..right?

Then..for public places such as the lido deck..which side is smoking and which is non smoking?

Thanks!

Not to spoil your nauticalness. It WILL come in handy, but in this case look for the side with the ash trays!!!:D

just kidding.

Thanks!

Easy way to remember is port has 4 letters and so does left.

Thanks!

OK, you've got all your port and starboard lessons. Now its time to move on to bulkheads, passageways, bows, sterns, poopdecks, overheads, ladders, midships, hatches, bridges, and more,,,,,, above, below, forward, aft, and fenders, lines and halyards will be a stretch. Cleats and bollards, and dolphins might get you tied up a bit too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And don't forget where your 'head' is.,:eek::eek::eek::D

OK, you've got all your port and starboard lessons. Now its time to move on to bulkheads, passageways, bows, sterns, poopdecks, overheads, ladders, midships, hatches, bridges, and more,,,,,, above, below, forward, aft, and fenders, lines and halyards will be a stretch. Cleats and bollards, and dolphins might get you tied up a bit too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And don't forget where your 'head' is.,:eek::eek::eek::D

I'm always afraid to ask what the poopdeck is...

easy way to remember...

PORT = 4 letters

LEFT = 4 letters

Smoking - starts with "S" - so does Starboard....

My father was in the Navy and I have him do this review every year for me. The 4 letter senario is a great way to remember. :)

At least I'm not calling it a boat anymore....ship!! :D

Archived