Best time to cruise from New Orleans in Spring to avoid all the sports & festivals

purplekisses

I am looking to book a cruise for just me and my husband for sometime in the "Spring" from New Orleans on the Triumph possibly. I would like to try and avoid all the other things that are going on especially Mardi Gras and other festivals that raise the hotel rates. We would only be there one night. We would like to be able to do a ghost/haunted tour. Any sugguest when to book? and Where?

I am looking to book a cruise for just me and my husband for sometime in the "Spring" from New Orleans on the Triumph possibly. I would like to try and avoid all the other things that are going on especially Mardi Gras and other festivals that raise the hotel rates. We would only be there one night. We would like to be able to do a ghost/haunted tour. Any sugguest when to book? and Where?

Hi purple,

Mardi Gras is "late" next year - March 8th, 2011

French Quarter Festival - April 8 – 10, 2011

Jazz Fest - Runs over two weeks - April 29-May 1 and May 5-May 8, 2011

Anytime in between those dates and you'll be OK. As to where to stay, it all depends on your budget and locale. Some folks like to stay in the French Quarter and others don't while others prefer to stay somewhere closer to the port. In this board you'll find plenty of infromation about hotels and everything else you can think of.

Hope this helps,

Jorge (BTW - the Ghost Tour is one of our favorites) :)

• 6 months later...

Archived