Baggage Handling - Disembarkation Day

ninefishes

Hello, can anyone tell me something about this procedure? I'm perplexed here. I know that on the night before disembarkation, I should put my baggages outside the cabin, however when will I see them again? :confused:

We will take DCL's ground transportation from port to Orlando Airport. Since we are flying with Air Canada, we can't use DCL's on-board check-in. So we will have to check in at the airport by ourselves. Will Disney load our baggages on the bus, and then we pick them up at Orlando airport? Or we pick them up at the port, load them on the bus by ourselves? :confused:

You will pick up your luggage along with the majority of the people in their storage area. It is laid out easy to find your luggage and you will then walk through customs and on out to the bus.

There are signs and people to show you to the bus.

The driver will then load the bags into the belly of the bus and usually before youl eave for OIA he will ask which airlines you need.

He will pull up right outside of your airlines door , unload your luggage for you ,so it will be easy for you to take your luggage right in and check in.

It really is a smooth transition.

Kathy

I would care to differ on the last part. The large coach buses aren’t allowed up on the 3rd level of ticketing. These buses end up on the 1st level with all other commercial traffic (large buses, hotel shuttles, taxis). Disney has a whole corner of the first level for their Disney Magical Express (DME).

They will bull into a bay (1st level)…get the suitcases out. Then you walk into the terminal to the elevator or escalator up to the 3rd level.

Since the airport is “split” into 2 terminals, there would be too much chaos with a big bus at the ticketing level figuring out what luggage belongs to who. But the airport is easily walkable. Besides a skycap is always at hand to help you…

Archived