Tour Guide Recommendations Needed...

Kramer995

We will be in Barbados in Jan. 2011. What are some recommendations for tour guide companies? Cruise Critic has never steered me wrong!

We are interested in seeing: Mt. Gay Distillery, St. James Parish and Bathsheba. Possibly interested in Gun Hill, Cherry Hill, Holeown? What do you recommend seeing? This will be our first trip to the island.

Thanks for your help! :-)

Heather

We will be in Barbados in Jan. 2011. What are some recommendations for tour guide companies? Cruise Critic has never steered me wrong!

We are interested in seeing: Mt. Gay Distillery, St. James Parish and Bathsheba. Possibly interested in Gun Hill, Cherry Hill, Holeown? What do you recommend seeing? This will be our first trip to the island.

Thanks for your help! :-)

Heather

We used Cameron Reid on May 25 when we were on the Serenade of the Seas and we really enjoyed our tour. Cameron is very much a gentleman and made us feel safe. You just need to let Cameron know what you want to see because it is a personalized tour. You can contact him at camireid@yahoo.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Cameron Reid. We've used Cameron's services twice when in port and have recommended him to others. I don't think you can go wrong with your choices of sights. Bathsheba is spectacular. If you do go to Gun Hill, have Cameron (or whichever driver he assigns you) stop at the Lion for a photo op. But, another great spot for photo op's where Cameron took us on our last visit was to the Highlands. It is said to resemble the Scottish Highlands, and it was beautiful. A very nice spot to walk around, rolling hills and the ocean off in the distance. Barbados has much to see and I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever points of interest you decide on.

Have a great time!

We have never been before and want to see all of the best photo ops! I am afraid I don't know what I really want to see. Any suggestions?

Here's a website that may help you narrow down what you might like to see. There is a lot to see on Barbados and not all of it will appeal to everyone's interests. http://www.barbados.org/do.htm

Archived