Stateroom Question

anthsmom

Does anyone know what an interior stateroom with french doors is? I always thought that the interior rooms had four walls and no windows and I just read about french doors and obstucted view by lifeboat, tender boat or steal beam in an interior stateroom. Does that mean this isn't a room with all four walls? Thanks so much! :)

I would consider it. It has the price of an inside room, but the doors open and you can get fresh air, as well as see whether its day or night outside. It has some advantages over the inside and oceanview rooms. I briefly considered this category for our upcoming Pride cruise, but DH wanted to upgrade to the balcony. I always try and give him what he wants...:D

Some of the 4K's actually have a partial view from between the davit poles. This is a list that I copied from this board recently of the more desirable 4K cabins: 4122, 4123, ,4140, 4141, 4148, 4149, 4196, 4197

4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207 have a picture window in leiu of the french doors.

Hope this helps. Cari :)

These cabins used to be oceanviews- Obstructed oceanviews. They were sold cheaper then a regular oceanview- were classified as 5A's

People who booked inside guarantee would more then likly get these type of rooms.

Very well worth the money as long as you are aware of the obstruction and you can not go outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much...all answers are very helpful...one last question. Do you think that a getting a 4k for a savings of $240 is worth it or spend the extra $240 and get a guaranteed balcony? Oh decisions decisions. :confused:

P.S. The rooms left are 4105-4117 which are probably all obstructed.

Hi...I'm looking at booking a cat 4k for 3 of us next summer. The difference in price between that and a low category balcony is $1000 total. This is an extra cruise I'm trying to squeeze in, and as much as I'd like a balcony, think I may opt for this type room. At a difference of only $240 would likely take the balcony however. Would love to see other pictures.

Archived