Where do you put ??

Phlame

I have read on this board before that it is not a good idea to leave your stuff on the beach while you swim or snorkle. I do not plan on leaving my cash, room key, ID, etc.. but will it be ok to leave my cover up, towel, sorts, etc.

Or will I come back to the beach to find my family and I have to go back to the ship in only our bathing suits? Will someone really take my clothes?:confused:

Or are there lockers at Trunk Bay, ST John and Paradise Island, Atlantis beaches?

Or should I just invest in a really large waterproof bag, though I can't imagine that snorkleing with a large bag will be any fun.:D

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure if this is the answer you are looking for but at least it will bump your question back up. on the shore excursions we went on they had lockers for camera and room keys and what-not. and staff members stayed behind. now if you just go to a beach i have no clue, and i think that is your real question.

sorry, but now maybe someone else will see this.

We have always left our towels and clothes on the beach when we went in the water and have never had any problems, nor have I heard of anyone having any problems. We didn't go with an excursion to these beaches. These were on St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, Aruba and the private islands.

We only take our disposable cameras, not our good one, and take our valuables in a water wallet with us into the water.

Hope this helps.

Michelle

Seffie's experience is the same as ours. Never witnessed or experienced any petty theft.

Phlame, we do what you are describing; a small waterproof wrist wallet and just the minimum of other stuff left on the beach unguarded.

If you are still nervous, you can bring a small carryon bag that can be locked, then use a bicycle cable lock to secure your bag to a tree or other fixture on the beach.

Archived