B2B Questions

juneburke

No discount from CCL which surprised me.

My reason for our 1st B2B is that CCL offered a few unique southern caribbean sailings on the Miracle. We wanted to do that itinerary and since the normal itinerary the next week is different ports it means 7 ports and lots of at sea days. Biggest thing for us is the flights from west coast to east coast, one flight, 2 sailings makes it so worth doing

I will be doing a B2B in a couple of weeks on the Glory, first leg is a 4 day with my ds and the second is the 5 day with my hubby and ds#2 joining us. My question is if hubby and ds#2 are at port when we re-board will they be able to board with us or will they need to wait with everyone else...we are also going into a different room then the first just so we would have two rooms next to each other. How does Carnival know you are doing a B2B, and is it different if you are not in the same room? Sorry for all the silly question it's also my first time on Carnival!

Thanks in advance for your help :confused:

Dolores

One note on buying liquor on the first leg of your B2B to drink on the second leg. There is a chance they will NOT bring it to you after the first cruise. Our room steward held onto ours until the end of the SECOND cruise. We had intentionally bought some Kahlua (for me to drink in coffee from room service each morning) and Vodka for our friends joining us on the second leg. We asked the steward about it and he said we'd get it after the second cruise.

So if you absolutely have to have your booze for the second leg, buy it on your last day of the first cruise. On this day the gift shop doesn't hold for later delivery, they let you carry with you, so you'll know you'll have it.

My reason for doing a B2B next January is because I promised my sister I would go on a cruise with her next year, and then my dh and our cruising buddies decided they wanted to go on one too. So in order to save the money for me to fly twice, I found a B2B that would work for all parties involved and save me bucks. Besides that, I have always wanted to take a 10 day cruise and now I will be on one!!!

Thanks for the advice about buying the booze the last night of the 1st cruise. I will remember to do this so I can have Kahula in my coffee in the mornings!!

Looking forward to cruising out of Jacksonville on the Fascination!!

One note on buying liquor on the first leg of your B2B to drink on the second leg. There is a chance they will NOT bring it to you after the first cruise. Our room steward held onto ours until the end of the SECOND cruise. We had intentionally bought some Kahlua (for me to drink in coffee from room service each morning) and Vodka for our friends joining us on the second leg. We asked the steward about it and he said we'd get it after the second cruise.

So if you absolutely have to have your booze for the second leg, buy it on your last day of the first cruise. On this day the gift shop doesn't hold for later delivery, they let you carry with you, so you'll know you'll have it.

Well so much for that theory! I heard this usually works.

What about wine? You are allowed to bring 1 bottle/wine per adult (per cruise I guess). If you bring extra it may be 'confiscated' but usually returned to you on the last night - I would think they would not keep this til second cruise considering it is 'technically' permissible? Your thoughts?

Thanks everyone for sharing why you choose a B2B vs a longer cruise.

I was spoiled as our first cruise was a 10 day and we absolutely loved it. I especially like sea days, and the cruise we were on had 5!

Can't wait to do another......

Sabba :)

Sabba,

We have gone on 2 b2b's on the Glory. The Glory (when in Port Canaveral) would go to the Western Caribbean on the first leg and then to the Eastern Caribbean on the 2nd leg. I found it very enjoyable.

Lee

Thanks everyone. We just booked B2B. So what I've learned: have carnival confiscate the extra wine, (to be returned last night b1). Buy on the last night bourbon B1. Pack luggage tags for the new room B2. And enjoy an empty boat on switch out day! Two weeks of pure R & R. (7 sea days)

Thanks everyone. We just booked B2B. So what I've learned: have carnival confiscate the extra wine, (to be returned last night b1). Buy on the last night bourbon B1. Pack luggage tags for the new room B2. And enjoy an empty boat on switch out day! Two weeks of pure R & R. (7 sea days)

Awesome...now when you meet up with CC folks before the 2nd leg, you'll know what it felt like to be me when you and I met on Destiny:D Also, you may not necessarily have to buy your bottle the last day, as we bought a bottle earlier in our first leg and they delivered it the last night as usual. I bought another on the 2nd leg just cause I was paranoid they would notice we were B2B...

No we don't get free laundry as we're not quite platinum yet;) But we did do laundry in one of the facilities as it was just down the hall. Made it easier than packing for all 9 days. Only problem was our we tried 3 different driers and none of them worked, so after wasting the money and still having wet clothes, our cabin steward took them and dried them for us. Actually, they completely rewashed and hung them..

Just be warned - it seems that some B@B cruisers have reported that the extra wine brought onboard and liquor purchased WERE not 'returned' on last night of 1st leg - seems they figured out they were b2b cruisers? So worth a try - would love to hear from other recent b2b cruisers to see if this is still the case?

And worst of all some recent 'regular' cruisers out of Miami just reported have liquor confiscated (in original bottles) and they were all 'discarded' not to be returned? I am hoping this is incorrect information - I understand that alcohol in other containers or opened (mouthwash bottles, rum runners, etc) are discarded and those in original sealed bottles would be returned - but cruisers saying they were just throwing the stuff away? Is that possible?

Luckily we are in the same cabin (no way would I pack and repack).....and on the 2nd leg I am VIP so free laundry here I come!

from an earlier responce:[ froufie

Luckily we are in the same cabin (no way would I pack and repack).....and on the 2nd leg I am VIP so free laundry here I come!

So my question is, How many times or days can you send the clothes out to be washed? example, i might need clean clothes the first day of b2b #2 and then day 5 of the eight day. Can you twice on the same cruise get free laundry?

We've done 3 b2b and each one the booze from the first cruise was brought to the cabin the night before the end of the first cruise. I would never get off the ship between cruises. Way to much hassle with traffic and crowds. Lynda

I agree, stay on the ship and enjoy having it yourself! :) Graba burger/hotdog first and enjoy watching the new crowd arrive. We have done two and have booked our 3rd b2b........love 'em, it's the way to go! All the posts are very accurate. Read and book!

Try it!

Kat

We are doing three cruises over the Christmas season. The first is a 8 day Southern Carribean to Aruba, grand Turk, Dominican Republic and Curacao. We sail from Dec. 21 -29th , 2010. On Jan 1/2011 our back to backs begins on the Carnival Destiny. One 5 day to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman and then Destiny to Cozumel and Key West on a 4 day cruise...

I am doing this for my son wh0 has a love of cruising and to get us out of cold , cold , Canada !!!!!

It will be a nice break to be able to see flowers in bloom, hug a palm and walk throw green grass and oh that beautiful and warm Carribean sea ...

In Canada it is only white snow and gray tree branches and dirty green colored evergreens !!!!!

Carnival , take me away !!!!!

Charleyann

Charleyann

One more time. In southern English. Can you get your clothes washed once. twice, or unlimited? VIP status.

Unlimited - altho it may take a day to get them back (so time this accordingly). Ask your room steward for extra laundry bags - make sure to write PLATINUM on them (along with name, etc) and room steward will pick this up - and deliver it back one it's done! (Just remember this is a basic wash and fold so I would not send anything 'special' or delicate to be washed on the ship!).

We just completed a B2B on Destiny, and the process altogether took about a half hour. We met in the lounge as mentioned, and then as soon as the last stragglers were off the ship, we were handed our new S&S cards and taken to customs. The customs official took all of our immigration forms, and then we went straight back on the ship. We had about an hour where there were no other guests on board. We can't wait to do a B2B again!

How funny.. our experience April 2009 on the Destiny was completely the opposite.. we were taken off the ship went to customs.. they didn't want our custom form said it was useless LOL.. went back on the ship and had to wait until 1230 or so until our SS cards were ready...

Unlimited - altho it may take a day to get them back (so time this accordingly). Ask your room steward for extra laundry bags - make sure to write PLATINUM on them (along with name, etc) and room steward will pick this up - and deliver it back one it's done! (Just remember this is a basic wash and fold so I would not send anything 'special' or delicate to be washed on the ship!).

THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I was really worrying the small stuff.

One more time. In southern English. Can you get your clothes washed once. twice, or unlimited? VIP status.

When we sailed on Dream in January, we were only allowed one bag of laundry. We received a note in our cabin upon boarding telling us we could only send laundry one time in one bag. It was not because there were a lot of Platinum guests either.

I asked our cabin steward at the end of the trip why only 1 bag because there weren't a lot of Platinum cruisers. He told us he would have taken more laundry, but they were told to put these papers in the cabins of Platinum cruisers as they don't want the laundry people doing a lot of free laundry. They are trying to get the people to pay to have their laundry done. I don't know if this was a trial or if this is going to be how things will be changed for all ships.

I will find out in October on Miracle and then we do a B2B in April on Dream. I am hoping that we can get our laundry done more than just the one time, one bag thing.

I think the experience on the Dream was the exception rather than the rule - wonder how many platinum cruisers were on the ship for that sailing? My cruise buddy is platinum and on all the cruises he has been on there has never been a limitation on laundry!

On the Glory in June 2010, we were able to get a free (VIP) bag of laundry done on each day of our B2B. Made it possible to do an 8-day cruise (actually 2-4 day cruises) with only a carry-on and a backpack each. It was great and made getting around in the airports and in New York City the day before boarding a LOT easier. :)

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm not platinum so I know I have to pay to have my laundry done. My question is whether I can have it done on the last day of my first cruise/first day of my second cruise during the time in-between the two cruises. I'm also changing cabins. So could I leave a bag of dirty laundry in my old cabin with a note to deliver it to my new cabin?

OK, I'm not platinum so I know I have to pay to have my laundry done. My question is whether I can have it done on the last day of my first cruise/first day of my second cruise during the time in-between the two cruises. I'm also changing cabins. So could I leave a bag of dirty laundry in my old cabin with a note to deliver it to my new cabin?

I personally wouldn't chance it - and I would think most of the crew (and especially the laundry!) are involved with the switchover of cabins (e.g. washing towels, linens, etc). And esp if changing cabins - the odds are high that your stuff might go missing? Maybe try day before last day of 1st cruise? (or if you don't mind doing your own laundry I"m sure the laundry rooms would be VERY EMPTY on 'turnover' day!)

Archived