The best and worst about the Silver Spirit

MJN1

A super nice feature of deck 10 is the launderette. Of course, free laundry is a super nice feature for all suites on deck 10.

For all the design flaws on Spirit, blaming such problems for not having galley lunch does not seem right. I've attended three galley lunches and all seemed fine. And the design flaws we see are just a fraction of what the crew works around every day.

This both lifted my spirits (no pun intended) and put me in despair. We are sailing on the Spirit on January 2. Smoking that intrudes on others is something I cannot stand....for medical reasons as well as nuisance. But I loved the good things you mentioned. We shall strive to dwell on these instead of the ugly. Some people sure can be insensitive to others who are sharing their space. Thanks for a great write-up.

Thelma

MJN1,

Like others I very much appreciated the content and layout of your review. Do you happen to remember who was the Hotel Director on board for your trip?

Thanks,

-Peter

Had to look him up from the passenger list: Paolo Percivale. We had seen him on a previous cruise, but no lasting impression...;)

Had to look him up from the passenger list: Paolo Percivale. We had seen him on a previous cruise, but no lasting impression...;)

Thank you for taking the trouble. I have had very good responses from Hotel Directors on Silvesea ships so I was somewhat surprised at some of your experiences. Fortunately (for me, I guess) Mr. Percivale was not responsible for customer service on any of my cruises to date.

-Peter

Paolo was fantastic and very personable on our T/A cruise in Jan. And believe me, he had lots of issues to address on that cruise. Hope he's still aboard for our Dec cruise. It's interesting how different folks interface with other folks. Recieved our pre-cruise package from SS today.

Archived