Carnival Circle “C” Parent of shy kids ?

twinklen01

Hello. We just booked our cruise on Splendor for Jan cruise to MR.

DD11 will just have turned 12 for our next cruise. She loved kids camp but is nervous about Circle “C”. She is shy and doesnt want checkout privilages which we wouldnt allow anyways. But I know they have dances, parties and Idont know how she will do especially if other / most kids have signout privillages. She asked me if she could go to kids camp up to

age 11 but i told her it goes by ages.

I would like to hear how other shy kids that just turned 12 did in Circle “C”. Did most kids signout leaving the shy ones alone??? Any help would be great thanks

The best thing is just to let her try, and I'm betting, as long as everyone is "new" at the same time, she'll be fine.

I was EXTREMELY shy as a child, but as long as I knew I wasn't the "new kid on the block", I did much better. Once you get on the ship, go and check out the club....if she wants to go, let her...don't bring up ANY doubts you may have! If she doesn't, don't force her....at some point in her life, she will realize what her shyness is costing her, in terms of a "good time"....it's her thing...not yours!

I was also a shy kid so i understand her feeling. I'm just a lil worried about all the kids sining out and she's left alone board. Around here some 13-14 are pretty mature for their age and my lil one well she's not she rather be cloring, crafting , making braclets and things like that. Thank goodness she's not boy crazy. I read there a pool hot tub time for 12-17 so I'm hoping 12-14 arent combined with 15-17. I figure we will look through the capers and have her choose which activites she wants to do. IN August 6th grade goes to middle school/jr. high so maybe that will prepare her-lol!

I need to look into out verizon phone plan for International if its afordable then she can text us when she wants us to pick her up.

Hello. We just booked our cruise on Splendor for Jan cruise to MR.

DD11 will just have turned 12 for our next cruise. She loved kids camp but is nervous about Circle “C”. She is shy and doesnt want checkout privilages which we wouldnt allow anyways. But I know they have dances, parties and Idont know how she will do especially if other / most kids have signout privillages. She asked me if she could go to kids camp up to

age 11 but i told her it goes by ages.

I would like to hear how other shy kids that just turned 12 did in Circle “C”. Did most kids signout leaving the shy ones alone??? Any help would be great thanks

The staff does an incredible job of helping the kids mix and meet each other. From what I saw and our daughter said, they tend to have a sense of what kids are being shy and trying to work them in with other kids. The key though is making sure that the kids go the first night.

One thing though, I recall the teen groups, including the Circle C, are not as formal with the attendance and there is no check-in/check-out process. We told our daughter even though there was no formal sign-in process, if she left the club or activity, she needed to let us know where she was going. Turned out not to be a problem

Uncle Fester's right - there is no sign in/sign out for Circle C. They moved around a lot when we were on the Inspiration the end of January. Erin (the Circle C counselor) did a really good job getting the kids involved and talking to each other.

There was time that they were with the older teens. But it was for a movie time.

Archived