Solutions to no door on bathroom

CaptData

The door to the toilet is a regular door. It is not a frosted glass door. Should have total privacy there.

Did you see the picture SueSea linked? You can see the person ON THE TOILET, and worse - THEY CANNOT SEE OUT.

I sense a terrible surprise party coming out of this.....

http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/too-much-information/

Wow - the pic in SueSea's link is more detailed than the fuzzy/shadowy image I was imagining would be seen behind the 'frost'.

and from someone else on the ship:

"I sat in the bed as my partner went to the loo and noticed that you get a direct reflection off the wardrobe mirror so you do not need to guess what they are up to! "

I know the simple solution (just like for those that want a little privacy when showering) 'pull the curtain', once again cutting off access to the entrance/exit to the cabin. With a little bit of planning, decisions (do you want to be in or out of the cabin while I do my stuff?), common courtesy, communication, maybe curtains/towels we can rig/hang against the frosted glass it will work out just fine.

Did you see the picture SueSea linked? You can see the person ON THE TOILET, and worse - THEY CANNOT SEE OUT.

I sense a terrible surprise party coming out of this.....

http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/too-much-information/

It just keeps getting better! I found another picture. Check out the second photo on this page. Notice that the cabin door swings toward the shower, hiding most, if not all of the shower from the view of passersby in the hall. That's all well and good.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/06/photos-cabins-on-norwegian-cruise-lines-norwegian-epic/97326/1

Now go back to the first photo and check out the person on the toilet. You can't see a face, but it ain't exactly private, either. Then remember, the cabin door only swings one way. It's hiding the shower, but nothing hides the view of the toilet with someone obviously on it to passersby. So forget the door hanger, I'm bringing a wedge to stick under the cabin door. Sorry, but if you aren't in the cabin when I go into the toilet, you won't be coming in until after I'm out! You better hope I'm quick.

It just keeps getting better! I found another picture. Check out the second photo on this page. Notice that the cabin door swings toward the shower, hiding most, if not all of the shower from the view of passersby in the hall. That's all well and good.

Although no direct experience, but these floor plans images from the Epic show them sometimes swinging toward the shower and some away.

EPIC.BALCONY.R-wth-fp_0.jpg

And it seems the direction the door opens could be a factor if people are coming and going.

EPIC.INSIDE.R-fp-wth.jpg

The little curtain is a nice touch though....

We booked our 3 teenagers in an inside room on the Pearl, but I just don't see how that would work with this arrangement.

I'm curious: All of you who said you don't mind if your cabin mate can see your private business, do you feel the same way now that you know STRANGERS in the hall can see you?

One of the highlights of every trip, for me, is taking photographs. I guess I won't be taking any in a hall full of cabins. Or will I??? :rolleyes:

I'm curious: All of you who said you don't mind if your cabin mate can see your private business, do you feel the same way now that you know STRANGERS in the hall can see you?

One of the highlights of every trip, for me, is taking photographs. I guess I won't be taking any in a hall full of cabins. Or will I??? :rolleyes:

You DON'T know that strangers in the hall can see you.... most likely, only the door is frosted... what is behind it (between the toilet door and cabin door) is probably a solid wall masked with matching frosted glass I am willing to bet. There needs to be a place to hang the paper roll and to hid all of the plumbing. Do you really think the "window" will wrap around you on the throne?

~Intrepid <-- favorite book is "Everybody Poops"

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/06/photos-cabins-on-norwegian-cruise-lines-norwegian-epic/97326/1

Now go back to the first photo and check out the person on the toilet. You can't see a face, but it ain't exactly private, either. Then remember, the cabin door only swings one way. It's hiding the shower, but nothing hides the view of the toilet with someone obviously on it to passersby. So forget the door hanger, I'm bringing a wedge to stick under the cabin door. Sorry, but if you aren't in the cabin when I go into the toilet, you won't be coming in until after I'm out! You better hope I'm quick.

That's all well and good, but make sure you don't stand too close to the door when you get out of the shower or you might end up with a concussion when the door hits you. :eek: :D

a) There is a door on the shower

b ) There is a door on the toilet cubicle

c) There is clearly extraction fans in each

d) Stop panicking

I have never seen so much fuss made over something being slightly different to what you are used to.

a) There is a door on the shower

b ) There is a door on the toilet cubicle

c) There is clearly extraction fans in each

d) Stop panicking

I have never seen so much fuss made over something being slightly different to what you are used to.

Oh and e) lock the cabin door and f) pull the privacy curtain across.

Simple

And the kicker--gotta say I saw (or heard) this coming!

Member Sandra Barnes comments: “We had a balcony cabin on deck nine which was the only thing that we did not like about the ship. We did not like that there was no bathroom and although the shower and toilet doors were not see through they were not soundproofed!”

That's from the http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/, Norwegian Epic: Members' First Impressions. Makes me wonder why they even bothered with a door! Imagine how wide open the cabin would be if there were no walls at all around the toilet. ;)

There needs to be a place to hang the paper roll and to hid all of the plumbing. Do you really think the "window" will wrap around you on the throne?

Why do you assume the window wouldn't wrap around the throne up to the wall between cabins? Hopefully, that will be a solid wall (:D), and the toilet paper roll would hang there.

d) Stop panicking I have never seen so much fuss made over something being slightly different to what you are used to.

Hey, this thread was started to share solutions (some pretty humorous) with those who aren't thrilled with the bathrooms, but aren't so bothered that we won't sail on Epic. If you like the bathrooms, then you don't need to waste your time reading this thread.

Ha ha ha Thanks! Now I've got an image of a woman in a fur coat, sitting on what's left of a chair sculpted out of ice, with little whisps of steam escaping from under her butt... :p Funny... she looks a lot like me... :eek::p

LMAO!!!!! If we happen to be in there together, we'd probably melt the entire bar:eek:

And to all who are still worried, I noticed there were permanent-type hooks on either end of the shower, so you could carry a small amt of thin rope & small clothes pins (I don't travel without them!) to hang wet suits, hand washing, or anything else you may want to hang (not the kids, please!;)) . Privacy plus serviceability.

Archived