Looking to book Celebrity cruise for July 2011 - now or later?

justjr7

Just one week back from the Eclipse June 1st cruise of the Canaries. This was our first time sailing with Celebrity and I was so blown away by the ship and everything that I have been raving about our experience to all and sundry. I would like to do the Equinox 10 night cruise of the Mediterranean leaving at the beginning of July 2011. This will be our second Celebrity cruise but have sailed twice before with Royal Caribbean.

What I want to know is should we book just now or wait until perhaps the beginning of next year when there are more "freebies" on offer such a free upgrades, drink packages and on board credit available.

All views welcomed and appreciated.

Jen

Just one week back from the Eclipse June 1st cruise of the Canaries. This was our first time sailing with Celebrity and I was so blown away by the ship and everything that I have been raving about our experience to all and sundry. I would like to do the Equinox 10 night cruise of the Mediterranean leaving at the beginning of July 2011. This will be our second Celebrity cruise but have sailed twice before with Royal Caribbean.

What I want to know is should we book just now or wait until perhaps the beginning of next year when there are more "freebies" on offer such a free upgrades, drink packages and on board credit available.

Jen

Depends on how particular you are about the room you get.

Sue

The longer you wait, the fewer options there are for cabin selection. I'm not up on the rules for European bookings, but I believe you can take advantage of price drops, at least up until you've made final payment. Therefore, if you book now, you lock in the current price, but it could go down. In January, the price could potentially be higher, wiping out any savings from freebies you might get by waiting.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Another Scot here, We just booked for Eclipse for end of July 2011, booked now because apart from cabin choice, we got a great deal from a royal scottish cruise company!! (know cant say proper name on here) Unfortunatly we cannot like our American cousins take advantage of price drops, but I always find for best prices (in my opinion) either book very early or very late, I like to book early because i get a real buz out of doing a lot of planning and research, and of course of all the great people you meet on roll calls before you go can really add to your enjoyment. but whatever way you decide to book you will have a fantastic time I am sure.

Nancy

Unfortunatly we cannot like our American cousins take advantage of price drops,

Nancy

We can, and we have, taken advantage of price drops in the UK. We usually book direct but there are plenty of posts on these boards where UK residents have obtained price drops from UK TAs.

Sue

Archived