Epic "New Wave" Cabins Secret Revealed?

lusitanica

Cool. Not really a secret though. They had to find a way to cram more cabins onto the ship yet maintain walking distance between the bed and the wall. I like how the marketing department has turned this into a feature, as if it was a good thing.

norwegianepicnewwavecab.gif

By squeezing the cabins together, they probably get another 10% total cabins.......but it also dictates the idiotic toilet / shower layout because, with less cabin width, they can't get a full single toilet / shower room and entry door.

I agree that the split bathroom is more likely a result of limited space rather than an innovation. In fact, they have built studios instead of staterooms.

It seems to me that this ship would benefit from a sort of reconstruction or a serious refit at least to bring the cabins back to industry standards of comfort. Otherwise it may drift to slightly less demanding, more party-oriented part of the clientele spectrum.

Was that the original plan?

Given this excuse for cabin issues, it's especially important for the ship to be immaculate in all other areas ("hardware" and "software", i.e. maintenance of the ship and quality of service).

Archived