Motorcoach Transport from Southampton-London

smoothsailors

:confused: Your experiences, please: Our TA informed us today that she reserved motorcoach transfer space from Southampton into London (Victoria Station) when we disembark QV in April. The transfer is complimentary (assume because we booked our return air thru Cunard Custom Air program) and she assured us that the motorcoach would accept however much luggage we'll have.

We'll be staying on in London for another week, either in a Mayfair or Covent Garden area hotel. We WILL have considerable luggage (3-4 large cases and 2 carry-ons), so my questions are: 1) will their be porters available at the pier to assist in getting our luggage to the motorcoach and 2) will there be porters available at the Victoria Station motorcoach drop to get us into a taxi?

Usually we would arrange for a private car/van to bring us into London. I'm not opposed to using Cunard's transfer and saving the money, however, as we will use a private service the following week to go from London-Gatwick. Just want to know what to expect regarding luggage assistance and available taxis...we will definitely not be able to manage the luggage unaided.

Thanjks for any guidance/personal experiences!

My experience with Victoria Coach Station was chaos (and I had no luggage). Find a taxi right away to get out of there.

We used Silver-Fleet Co because they had door-to-door service from Dover to Westminster and then London to S'hampton. Each way, for 2, was under 100 pounds. Money well spent for us.

MaryAnn

Archived