Bermuda Excursions Questions

Janet S.

My family and I will be on the Veendam in October. We would like not to do HAL's excursions so hopefully someone can answer these questions: Can we walk from the Hamilton dock to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute? Can we take a Horse & Carriage tour in Hamilton after we get off the ship without reserving the ship's excursion? How about taking a twilight glass bottom boat cruise without the ship's excursion? Thanks for any help.

My family and I will be on the Veendam in October. We would like not to do HAL's excursions so hopefully someone can answer these questions: Can we walk from the Hamilton dock to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute? Can we take a Horse & Carriage tour in Hamilton after we get off the ship without reserving the ship's excursion? How about taking a twilight glass bottom boat cruise without the ship's excursion? Thanks for any help.

Janet - We have been to Bermuda twice and will be visiting again in August on our Veendam cruise. According to this link, it is about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the Underwater Exploration Institute from the center of Hamilton. It is on an extension of Front Street and cruise ships dock at Front Street, so it should be an easy walk. (I've never visited the BUEI so I can't speak from personal experience.)

When we have been docked in Hamilton in the past, we saw the horse-and-carriages available for hire on Front Street near the dock and I'm sure there are many boat tours available. Check this link for possible glass bottom boat tours.

Many thanks for your help. We can definitely do the walk from the dock to the Underwater Exploration Institute (the shore excursion is $74 per person). We'll also look for the horse and carriage drivers and find a glass bottom boat tour. Thanks again.

Archived