Home from the Pearl June 13-20th

nikant1003

Talk about an awesome cruise, I couldn't ask for anything better. We pulled up to the dock and someone came up from NCL and retreived our bags and walked us up to the check in and then they took us up to the VIP room before realizing we didn't belong there. She was very nice about it and took us where we needed to be. Embark was very quick and smooth. We are in our room unpacking and there is a knock on our door and the floor supervisor has a fruit and wine basket from the captain for us. Talk about a surprise. We went to the pool area for the opening Bar-b-que, the food was great. We had dinner int he Garden Buffett again the food was very good. When we got back to our room, we had an invitation to have drinks with the captain and breakfast and ounch in Cagneys each day. WOW!! Our cabin steward and stewardess are Ilean and Sheldon very sweet people. We purchased the weekly pass for $99 for the spa for the week, very relaxing and well worth the money.

June 14th - We had rough waters and I woke up sea sick:(. I missed the meet and greet we had set up. We were able to finally get up around 3 and feel normal. Took sea sickness meds the whole week just to be on the safe side. Had drinks with the captain and did family photos. This was a real treat since I have been trying to get my family to do pictures forever.

June 15th Went to breakfast at Cagney's food was great. Our waiter Nellon was awesome, very nice and very friendly. Walked a mile on deck after breakfast. Went to the spa.

We saw a few whales, but just the tails and the spouts of water.We were given the privledge of disembarking in Jeneau with the Suite people. Had a great time in Jeneau, the Mendenhal Glacier was beautiful We got back and had dinner at the Indigo restaurant. Food was good, server was ok, a little brisk. Canceled our excursion in Victoria and then went back to room

June 16th - Woke up early to go to Skagway. Did the White Pass railroad and Gold panning. Was very well worth it. Booked our excursions through NCL. Was very glad since everything was very organized and well done. Went to dinner at Summer Palace and it was delicious. Went to see sharkbait, the family wasn't real happy about going, but allwere real glad that they went. Everyone loved the show.:):)

June 17 - Spent most of the day in Spinnakers watching Glacier Bay.What a beautiful sight. We saw eagles, whales otters and calving of the glaciers. Went to dinner at Summer Palace. Dinner was good, but service was very slow. We went to see Second City, again another good show, worth making it to see. Had a plate of cheese in our room when we got back. I am sure enjoying all the spoiling from NCL.

June 18th - Up way early and went to Ketchican. Did the horse drawn trailer tour. Ok tour, shopping wa sgood. Went to lunch at Cagney's, as always was very good. Service is always great. Went to see theGarden of the Seisha show. Was very nice, loved them bringing the ship staff up on stage, washy washy, happy happy, great to see them recognized. Was a great ending for the show. Hand an adoable towel monkey hanging in our room when we got back. The kids love the towel animals every evening.

Had a plate of chocolates in our room, they were very good.

June 19th - Last day BOO!! We did bingo, had fun, went into Victoria for the evening. Very nice stop. We took a cab into the city and just walked around on our own. Packed our bags and did the bag program where they take your bags to the airport for you. This was wonderful. Everything showed up at home when we did. No problems.

THANK YOU NCL FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. I can't wait for our next trip.

Thanks so much for posting about your trip, so those of us cruising on the Pearl soon have some fresh information to drool over as we anticipate our trip! Gee, your review seemed to go by so fast. Guess it's like that with the cruise itself, too!

How early did you do embarkation?

I've had a little anxiety about the seasickness possibility at the beginning and end of the cruise. But we're going armed with all sorts of remedies, so our fingers are crossed. What part of the ship was your cabin in?

How did you like Bingo? I've heard that the games move verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowwwwwwwwly...... Did that bother you?

Talk about an awesome cruise, I couldn't ask for anything better. We pulled up to the dock and someone came up from NCL and retreived our bags and walked us up to the check in and then they took us up to the VIP room before realizing we didn't belong there. She was very nice about it and took us where we needed to be. Embark was very quick and smooth. We are in our room unpacking and there is a knock on our door and the floor supervisor has a fruit and wine basket from the captain for us. Talk about a surprise. We went to the pool area for the opening Bar-b-que, the food was great. We had dinner int he Garden Buffett again the food was very good. When we got back to our room, we had an invitation to have drinks with the captain and breakfast and ounch in Cagneys each day. WOW!! Our cabin steward and stewardess are Ilean and Sheldon very sweet people. We purchased the weekly pass for $99 for the spa for the week, very relaxing and well worth the money.

June 14th - We had rough waters and I woke up sea sick:(. I missed the meet and greet we had set up. We were able to finally get up around 3 and feel normal. Took sea sickness meds the whole week just to be on the safe side. Had drinks with the captain and did family photos. This was a real treat since I have been trying to get my family to do pictures forever.

June 15th Went to breakfast at Cagney's food was great. Our waiter Nellon was awesome, very nice and very friendly. Walked a mile on deck after breakfast. Went to the spa.

We saw a few whales, but just the tails and the spouts of water.We were given the privledge of disembarking in Jeneau with the Suite people. Had a great time in Jeneau, the Mendenhal Glacier was beautiful We got back and had dinner at the Indigo restaurant. Food was good, server was ok, a little brisk. Canceled our excursion in Victoria and then went back to room

June 16th - Woke up early to go to Skagway. Did the White Pass railroad and Gold panning. Was very well worth it. Booked our excursions through NCL. Was very glad since everything was very organized and well done. Went to dinner at Summer Palace and it was delicious. Went to see sharkbait, the family wasn't real happy about going, but allwere real glad that they went. Everyone loved the show.:):)

June 17 - Spent most of the day in Spinnakers watching Glacier Bay.What a beautiful sight. We saw eagles, whales otters and calving of the glaciers. Went to dinner at Summer Palace. Dinner was good, but service was very slow. We went to see Second City, again another good show, worth making it to see. Had a plate of cheese in our room when we got back. I am sure enjoying all the spoiling from NCL.

June 18th - Up way early and went to Ketchican. Did the horse drawn trailer tour. Ok tour, shopping wa sgood. Went to lunch at Cagney's, as always was very good. Service is always great. Went to see theGarden of the Seisha show. Was very nice, loved them bringing the ship staff up on stage, washy washy, happy happy, great to see them recognized. Was a great ending for the show. Hand an adoable towel monkey hanging in our room when we got back. The kids love the towel animals every evening.

Had a plate of chocolates in our room, they were very good.

June 19th - Last day BOO!! We did bingo, had fun, went into Victoria for the evening. Very nice stop. We took a cab into the city and just walked around on our own. Packed our bags and did the bag program where they take your bags to the airport for you. This was wonderful. Everything showed up at home when we did. No problems.

THANK YOU NCL FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. I can't wait for our next trip.

Wow, it is always so nice to hear from passengers with happy thoughts. It sounds like your cruise was all you expected it to be.

Nita

We were on deck 8, room 8021. I don't know why we got all the perks, but I'm not complaining. I think it was because I was the one who set up our meet and greet with NCL. We went on the train tour and the gold mining combination. I highly recommend getting the seasickness patch and putting it on before you sail. I would do this trip again in a heart beat. Just printed all the pictures out and want to go again.:D

We were on the same cruise, and often ate in Cagney's. I have to agree, Nellon is the best! Good enough to be working as a waiter at any 5 Star restaurant. We filled out a SMILE(or was it STYLE) card for him and handed it in.

He was kind enough to pose with the kids on the last morning.

Maybe we ran into each other and didn't even know it.

912525318_UEcs9-M.jpg

Wow! sorry to hear you were "woozy". i'm sure that was no fun!

It's amazing how variable the weather can be.... we were just on the Pearl 3 weeks ago, and except for the very last nite sailing back into SEA, we could hardly ever tell we were even ON the ship.... very calm waters the whole week.

We had an amazing time, and yes, the week slips by before you hardly know it!

Archived