Most addictive cruise food

FB

Royal Caribbean -- savory bites bread

Princess -- Love Boat dessert

NCL -- warm banana pancakes w/ coconut ice cream (Lotus Garden restaurant)

Disney Cruise Line -- Mexican Fiesta Pizza from the room service menu

Celebrity -- best pool grill cheeseburgers (made to order)

Carnival -- hmmm. I have to think on that for a bit. Probably the small tastings dessert I had at Harry's Supper Club. Can't think of the name at the moment.

On Radiance, AK cruise, it was staying daylight about 20 hours a day so we were ending up eating FOURTH meal each day at the little diner on the back of the ship...food of choice, clam chowder in a bread bowl. We got addicted to it. LOL

Plus we don't get good clam chowder in Arkansas.

Love NCL's cold fruit soups have been able to duplicate a few, but they still just aren't the same. Love them for breakfast!!!:o

I agree and my DD has been known to ask for cold strawberry soup for desert

The escargot and the cheese rolls were delicious! We also (not on the ship) really enjoyed the shrimp special w/ white sauce, grilled conch & conch fritters at the Barefoot Restaraunt in St. Maarten. The sauce is addictive.....we even dipped our fries in it.......YUM! Can't wait to cruise again! :)

The wonderful, wonderful freshly baked sesame seed rolls with that wonderful creamy, sweet butter. YUM!!! And I am not a bread person.

I'm glad to hear that we're not the only ones obsessed with the bread. RCI's bread is incredible, especially the rolls. We nearly attempted to try sneaking some through customs... :)

The bread pudding on Adventure, the savory bites in MDR, the pannini sandwiches in Sorrentos and most everything at the Cafe Promenade!

Whoa - pannini's @ Sorrento's??? Oasis Sorrento's was strictly pizza - albeit delicious i'm very intrigued by a Sorrento's Pannini!!

I agree and my DD has been known to ask for cold strawberry soup for desert

On my first RCI cruise I think I had 2 bowls of it the night it was served and then our waiter saved some for me and I had it each night for the remainder.

Hey there! I'd love the recipe! Are you willing to share? Thanks!

Of course I will share!

I actually found it with a google search. You can watch a video also on U tube of someone actually making it.

it took me a couple of times to get it perfect but I am a pro now!

Ingredients and what you will need:

8 ramekins (those little white oven safe dishes) Get the next size bigger than the smallest.

If you don't have a double boiler (I don't), use a sauce pan with water and a thin stainless steel sauce pan on top to melt the chocolate and butter.

a whisk

8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (i use 2 bars of the Ghiridelli baking bars found in the baking section at grocery store)

7 eggs

6 tablespoons sugar

1 cup (2 cubes) butter

1/2 cup flour

I will give you the recipe the way it is given and also how I changed it and perfected it for my gas oven.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Melt the chocolate and butter together (either the double boiler or the other method). cool for a few minutes while you finish the batter.

lightly grease ramekins with butter

In a mixing bowl mix 4 of the eggs with the sugar and whisk well

Add the flour and whisk well again

Add the the 3 remaining eggs and whisk well

add the chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk well

Pour into the individual ramekins (a little more than half full should give you 8)

Bake 15 minutes until only the outer edges look done, and the center looks like creamy melting pudding

sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve right away with vanilla ice cream.

Tips

My gas oven requires the temp to be 350 not 375 and i only bake it for 11 minutes and they come out perfect. The first time it was too done because I followed the recipe exactly. But maybe with an electric oven you would use the higher temp.

Most important is to only allow the outer edges to bake completely! it has to be creamy in the middle.

Enjoy!

don't put it on a baking sheet. put the ramekins directly on the middle oven rack.

I'm glad to hear that we're not the only ones obsessed with the bread. RCI's bread is incredible, especially the rolls. We nearly attempted to try sneaking some through customs... :)

I also love the bread on RCCL. I try not to eat too much, as then I don't enjoy my entree as much. The variety and dipping choices in Portofino are also very good.

In March, my 5 year old son started a meaningful relationship with The Crepe Lady on the Navigator. Crepes for breakfast, crepes for dinner, it was all about crepes.

His favorite contained chocolate chips (white and dark) bananas and strawberries, with strawberry sauce and sprinkles on top. I thought it looked like the circus, but he loved them. When she was away from her post, he would stand there and call for his Crepe Lady.:D

He had never even heard of crepes before this cruise.....:eek:

Archived