West coast sightseeing Co.or Greyhound in Vancouver weei

irismike

I think West Coast is the one we did. Tours are similar, but the main difference was that we were on a smaller mini-bus, whereas the other company uses the large bus. This of course means less people, and even though it's not an on and off type of tour, you still make a couple of stops where everyone gets off, and even with 16 people, we still had to wait for the couple of stragglers. So, I imagine on a bigger bus you have more people to wait for.

I highly recommend West Coast Sightseeing Tours. They provided us with great service last summer when we decided to go on tour 3 - Grouse Mountain & Capilano Suspension Bridge ( we also stopped at the Capilano Fish Hatchery).

We had just arrived in Vancouver and because our first hotel was not located downtown, we decided to tour Grouse Mountain first and save downtown for when we changed hotels. We called West Coast and asked about availability for that day. She told me there were plenty of openings on all tours and described the tours to me. I hung up without booking so that I could discuss the tours with my fiance. When I called back after breakfast, the Grouse Mountain tour was all booked up as another tour company had called and booked their customers on the West Coast bus. We were so disappointed and West Coast said they would open up another tour for us if they got at least two other people to sign up for the tour. Well, we were thrilled to find out that they did indeed get two other people to sign up for the tour in such a short amount of time and before we knew it we were being picked up. (Greyhound would not have picked us up.West Coast was one of the few tours that agreed to pick us up and dropped off and without any extra fees even though we were staying outside of the downtown area. )

The tour itself was great. We ended up with a wonderful tour guide and because there was only four people on our tour bus, we had plenty of personal attention. This guide was so informantive and interesting though that I'm sure he still would have shined if he was with a much bigger group. It was the perfect way to spend our first day in Vancouver.

Look a little further down the Alaska board for the Capilano Suspension Bridge thread and a link to it's website - it is among the top five tourist attractions in the Vancouver area - combine it with a visit to Grouse Mt for a great sampling of Vancouver's great scenery.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived