Do I need to know how to swim???

kbelton

I would like to book the BOSS Underwater Adventure excurstion in St. Thomas but I cant swim. I have snorkeled before with a life vest and i was fine once I got the hang of it. So does this excursion require you to know how to swim? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thier FAQ says you don not have to be able to swim...they will stay with you. However, I highly suggest, for your own safety comfort level and peace of mind, that you at least take a few lessons on how to float and dogpaddle and handle yourself in an emergency. If something happens and you panic, you could find yourself in trouble. I don't beleive you'll have a life vest on to do this and you'll need to be relaxed entering into deep water. If guides have to spend a lot of time monitoring and assisting you it will detract from other cruisers' experiences and the ability of the guides to do everything they would want to do to make the excursion enjoyable. Find a YMCA and learn to swim enough to b e safe in the water so you too can have a great time.

Archived