Review of July 10th Cruise

If you are really ambitious or haven't done so already, you may want to start a checklist of things not to miss while onboard. There have been numerous threads about extraordinary features of the Oasis that it should be easy to get a good sized to-do list.

Here's mine :) : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1192272

Thanks, windjamming. I had already printed out your thread. ;)

Do I need to tell you that you are CRAZY!?!!! :p Having said that, you're among a lot of other crazy cruisers, so you're safe! :D I love your pre-review!!! I'm dying here waiting on our upcoming Allure cruise... just 9 more months... I'm really looking forward to reading all about your experiences onboard Oasis. We'll be having a lot of firsts too - first time with MTD in particular. We love the ocean view, so a regular balcony for us; however, I can't wait to read about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to write about your journey!!!

:rolleyes:Anyone got access to a cruise compass for our sailing?? Just call me doofus when you meet me. I have been doing a agenda hour by hour so we wont miss the most important to us. I know it will be impossible to do everything. Sailing on the Liberty we felt like we missed so much.

We got our iphones yesterday. First app I added was the Royal Caribbean-ship mate. Looks very useful for getting around. 14 1/2 more days to go.

YAHHHHHH.......:cool:

Please tell me more about the wine pairings dinners at 150 CP....

Ummm, it was on another thread here...somewhere. I'll try to look for it. Most said they got it for one and shared. My wife and I probably won't. ;)

:rolleyes:Anyone got access to a cruise compass for our sailing??

Yes! I believe the ones posted on cruisedocs.com for May 1st correctly match our cruise.

BrianAlt - enjoyed reading your well-written and amusing posts! I've been reading some of the Oasis posts because there's not much to read yet regarding the Allure (we're booked on it for 5/1/11). Happy sails!

Brian,

Hope you have a great cruise after all of the fun planning it! We leave a year after you on July 10 2011 on the Allure. Our planning is well underway thanks to Cruise Critic as well.

Chuck

BrianAlt - enjoyed reading your well-written and amusing posts! I've been reading some of the Oasis posts because there's not much to read yet regarding the Allure (we're booked on it for 5/1/11). Happy sails!

Thank you. It's been my pleasure. :) Hope to hear about your Allure adventure!

Brian,

Hope you have a great cruise after all of the fun planning it! We leave a year after you on July 10 2011 on the Allure. Our planning is well underway thanks to Cruise Critic as well.

Chuck

I'm sure we will! I hope you enjoy your cruise on Allure too!

Great reading Brian Alt. It would be really nice if you could bring back the compasses from your cruise for Micky to post on the cruise docs site.

Thank you. I plan on it. I just have to make sure my wife doesn't throw them out. She'll toss anything not nailed down!

This is a great thread. Just makes me more excited for our cruise in Oct. We have waited "so longggggggg"

I know how you feel! Then all of a sudden it creeps up and, BAM, it's time to leave! Have a great cruise!

Brian, really enjoying your pre cruise posts. And sounds like you have some terrific things planned.

I'm especially jealous of you and DW going on the Oasis while the kids are at sleepaway camp. My oldest attended one for the past 2 years (due to DH's layoff, we can't send him this year) and was always hoping the younger one would go so that we could try taking a cruise that they might not really enjoy (the Med, for example).

We're in western NJ. Our camp is up in Starucca PA. I'm assuming your kids just left this weekend. Hope they have a great summer. :)

Great reading Brian Alt. It would be really nice if you could bring back the compasses from your cruise for Micky to post on the cruise docs site.

FYI - this sounds kind of pushy. People have been bringing back/posting their compasses long before cruisedoc.com. I would be nice if people were a little bit nicer about other passengers who take the time to do this - it's no small task to get them all scanned in and sent.

My oldest attended one for the past 2 years (due to DH's layoff, we can't send him this year) and was always hoping the younger one would go so that we could try taking a cruise that they might not really enjoy (the Med, for example).

We're in western NJ. Our camp is up in Starucca PA. I'm assuming your kids just left this weekend. Hope they have a great summer. :)

Yes, left on Saturday! :D They're in the Poconos. About 30 mins from the Delaware Water Gap. Makes visiting day very easy. Sorry about the layoff situation. That makes it tough.

What are you referring to about show bookings? You can do this before you get onboard? Is it necessary, and what shows is it for?

Oh yes! And it's highly recommended! Go into your reservation and add pre-cruise stuff. You can book excursions, speciality restaurants, and book the shows, among other things. Check it out! It's for Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, Come Fly with Me, the headliner show, the comedy show, the ice skating show.

FYI - this sounds kind of pushy.

I've seen worse. ;)

Thanks BrianAlt. :p Cruisedoc is exactly what I needed. Eastern and Western have lots of changes. Now if I can just remember aft, portside, starboard and all the other official cruise ship terms.

Is 11:00 the earliest we can get on ship?? Were planning on being at the port at 10:15. Any idea who the headliner is? Hoping its the funny singing guy. Read good reviews on him. To bad we will miss some bigger names but, maybe if we get lucky Bon Jovi or U2 will surprise us.

From the youtube videos Labadee looks very different from 3 yrs. ago. Anyone know when all the construction started?? Can see our secret hide away no longer exists. They cut out part of the hill to accomadate dragon tail coaster. But, thats progress.

12 more days. Cant wait to meet everyone. ;)

Is 11:00 the earliest we can get on ship?? Were planning on being at the port at 10:15. Any idea who the headliner is? Hoping its the funny singing guy. Read good reviews on him. To bad we will miss some bigger names but, maybe if we get lucky Bon Jovi or U2 will surprise us.

I think the earliest we can get on is between 11:15 and 11:30. At least that's what it seems from other posts on this board.

Haven't heard who is headlining.

Bono is busy with back surgery, so he's out.

Thanks BrianAlt. :p Cruisedoc is exactly what I needed. Eastern and Western have lots of changes. Now if I can just remember aft, portside, starboard and all the other official cruise ship terms.

Easy way to remember:

Port = Left - both have 4 letters

Aft = back of the ship, as in "after"

Front of the ship is Forward (vs Aft)

Right side is Starboard (vs Port)

The reason to know these things is that Left/right and front/back don't work, depending on where you are on the ship and which direction you're facing.

The good news is that there are touch screens all over the ship where you can map your way to your destination, or back to your cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Brian it seems you are days away from your trip and you quit on us here. How are the planning stages going now and are you going to post a review when you return....

I'll be posting tomorrow. Too busy packing right now! :mad: Not having fun.

But I will be soon! :D

Plus I'll be definitely doing a full review upon my return.

Thanks for asking.

I'll be posting tomorrow. Too busy packing right now! :mad: Not having fun.

But I will be soon! :D

Plus I'll be definitely doing a full review upon my return.

Thanks for asking.

Great Brian! Can't wait for your full review once you return! We will be leaving in six weeks. I have enjoyed reading your pre-cruise report. Sounds like you are all set to relax and enjoy the Oasis. Have fun!!! :D

Archived