Coxen Hole - Zip LIne

NewHere

First time going to Roatan (NCL Epic in August)

My 18YO and 15YO want to zipline in Roatan. My wife and I do not (don't try to convince me!)

What are are options for having them do this but us not having to pay for 4 full excursions when only 2 are ziplining? Also, any zipline facilities have a good beach nearby?

No beaches near zip lines, except at Mahogany Bay CC where Carnival and Princess ship dock. You can book an island tour with Vicotor Bodden and have a zip line included. He has his own, haven't been to it. Also, Island Marketing will do a zip line (South Shore Canopy, a really long and excellent zip) and a beach, used to be Fosters but believe they've changed this recently. for the zip, you can have "observer" status, but see if this can be waived since there's not much to observe once your zippers leave the first platform. But they'll have a great time! I'm sure you can find a taxi from Coxen Hole that'll take you to South Shore on your own and then to a beach. They'll negotiate the rate with you but in the end may not be all that differnet in cost via Victor or Island Marketing.

Here's a link. http://www.****************.com/home.html Well it wouldn't take so here's the URL www dot "south shore canopy"( all one word, no quotation marks) dot com slash home dot html

I have only been to Roatan once, and docked at Mahogonay Bay, but if you can taxi over to Clip N Zip, I highly recommend it. THey have a website, if you want to search for it. It is located right outside the Mohagany Bay cruise center. Cost is about $45 and you only have to pay for the ones who zip. There is a shaded outdoor area for non-zippers to wait in. You will be able to see your zipper's do the last 3 zips as they are in view of the waiting area. The staff is very nice and accomodating! I am afraid of heights, but decided to try it. When in mentioned it, they assured me they would help as needed, and gave me an extra harness to wear in case I needed the help. I did OK the first 7 out of 11 zips, but then I had a panic attack. My sister said they flicked the line and out of no where 2 guides appeared,hooked me to one of the guides, and he did all the work and took me to the next platform, where they had a teenager there to walk with me back to the waiting area. They could not have been nicer about it! I was disappointed because what was bothering me was how small the platforms were and the # of people on them--on lines 9-11, you climb up to the platform, so if I could have made it to #9, I would have been OK.

Sorry for the long answer, but if you have any other questions about Clip n Zip, I will be happy to try and answer.

Archived