Hawaii Entertainment Book

rburns44

I would check out their site but I believe that more than 50% of the offers will be 2 for 1. I am looking at mine and there are offers for 25% off one, but quickly scanning, I see mostly a buy-one-get-one offer.

I would check out their site but I believe that more than 50% of the offers will be 2 for 1. I am looking at mine and there are offers for 25% off one, but quickly scanning, I see mostly a buy-one-get-one offer.

Suebee, where did you get yours (someplace local, or did you have to order it from the mainland?) Was it very expensive?

Suebee, where did you get yours (someplace local, or did you have to order it from the mainland?) Was it very expensive?

My daughter's school sold them as a fundraiser this year (which I learned was very hard for the school and they wont do it again). They also sell them on-base every year at a 5 dollar discount which is $30. I think online they are $35. On base they also have the Aloha book which is similar but a much smaller version of the book.

Any plans to come to Oahu? I could pick up one for you. Or when Chris goes to Maui next...which by the way I was mistaken. He is on the Big Island in March.

Of course, in about a month or two they might have them online for $10 plus $5 shipping so you might want to keep your eyes open there.

If you go to their website, they may have lists of what is in each of their current books. http://www.entertainment.com We always buy one for the Sacramento area. They have a plastic card for some of the better resturants, and coupons for other resturants and chains, fast food, grocery, other shopping discounts. The are usually 2 for 1 but some coupons say 50% off. The books usually retail here for about $45 from fund raising but can be found from some groups for $35. If you use one or two resturant, some fast food and one or two golf or water sports, that would certainly pay for it. Or get Bobnsandi to loan you their local id for 50% off of golf!!!

I'm SURE I just saw an email that they were on sale for $10 again. It's about the right time of year I think. Try look on the website. For $10, it is definately a HECK of a deal. There are several in there for the Big Island - both Kona side and Hilo side and both food and activities.

Emi

I know some folks were under the impression that the HAWAII book offered better discounts on the rental cars..This is not true, their about the same. So, if you have an Entertainment book from your hometown, don't waste your money on buying the Hawaii book....That's just my opinion as I bought mine for the car rentals and could have used my book from Colorado.

Okay...I see my problem!! It says $10 off on this website, which is where I order mine from as it is a local.

http://www.aloha2hawaii.com/entertainment_book.html

Sorry about the confusion. My eyes must have been dyslexic or something... :D

Emi

Hi Emi!

Just got a coupon at the checkout at Safeway in

Kihei. $10 off the entertainment book. So, I guess

they are discounting quite a bit.

Bob (and Sandi)

Second hand info here, but I remember reading a few weeks back on a different thread that they are $10 after april, which makes sense when the year is half over. ( they expire at the end of oct. don't they?) We don't leave 'til the end of sept. so I thought I'd wait to get one. anyone know for sure?:confused:

Bob and Sandi: Aloha!!! Howzit??

They must be, maybe they're getting ready for the $10 soon??

Emi

Hi Emi!

We are OK, just had my father and his special

lady here for 10 days. He turned 90 last year.

Still plays golf, not bad.

Re: Entertainment Book. We "received"

one last year, two months before the

expiration. We were able to use it at

only ONE place here on Maui. The rest of

the places had either gone out of business,

or had signs in their windows indicating:

"Entertainment Books Not Valid".

Kinda cools our interest in getting one.

Bob (and Sandi)

PS: note the sig. We are going BACK through the Panama Canal

this year, on the repositioning cruise for the Pride of

America. Should have some interesting notes from this trip!

I got a lot of use of our $10 book last year. We bought it in April with another $5 shipping. We used it once before it paid off, but then, we are on Oahu.

I would say if you are visiting the island between April and October, it is worth picking up. You will save %25 on your Luau, and %50 on some of your dinners....plus there are some attractions in there as well. It wouldnt take long to pay for itself.

I wouldnt wait until september to get one, Sherinlad, because they sell out. If you got it in April, you can spend time looking through to figure out how to maximize it. But like I said, at $15, one restaurant will make it pay for itself and two would be a bargain. I think its worth getting for Oahu....but would be leery if you were only going to Maui as BobandSandi added.

P.S. BobandSandi...aloha! How nice for you! I am getting those itchy feet myself and reeeeeeeallly want to do a summer trip. We wont have much longer here after summer is over!

Archived