Spanish Bay Beach Resort

Chefjacque

Hi, we will be in Grand Cayman in April on the Summit. We wandered if anyone had done the Spanish Bay Reef resort tour. it sounds nice, but wanted to know if anyone had actually been there and how it looked.

Thanks for your help

Jacque and Bob

Hi, we will be in Grand Cayman in April on the Summit. We wandered if anyone had done the Spanish Bay Reef resort tour. it sounds nice, but wanted to know if anyone had actually been there and how it looked.
I haven't been there so I don't have any first hand knowledge, just what I've gathered online. Trip Advisor has reviews of the resort. Here is another site with information on the resort. This is their Official Website.

I have read that while the resort does have a sandy area, it really isn't a "beach". It is ironshore at the waters edge. That means the snorkeling and diving are good. Of course I could be wrong. I suggest that you contact the resort directly and inquire. I think that you can just take a taxi there on your own and pay directly for the all inclusive day, but again, check with the resort to be sure.

Thanks Bruce, we will try the website and see what it says. I saw in another thread that it may not even be open yet after the hurricane. It looks like a nice way to spend a relaxing day and free drinks included.

Thanks again for your information.

Jacqueline

Archived