Miami Hotels

kawb03

Without purchasing a transport from NCL, does anyone know of a hotel in Miami that offers free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a free transport to the pier? We're only staying the one night before the cruise so I don't want to have to spend a lot of money. I've been researching but I was hoping there would be someone out there who could help me search faster. Thanks so much!

if you search down in the Florida departures forum, you'll find all sorts of hotels. I know there's one in particular though, that offers free airport shuttle and free shuttle TO the cruise ship, but for the life of me i can't think of the name right now

ETA: brain fart over.. the name was La Quinta. I'm sure there are others but that's the one most folks mentioned.

It's only $24 from the airport area....less, if you stay closer to the pier. Not a budget breaker, and a taxi will take you on your OWN schedule...no waiting for a shuttle bus to show up , and fill up....it's worth the money.

It's only $24 from the airport area....less, if you stay closer to the pier. Not a budget breaker, and a taxi will take you on your OWN schedule...no waiting for a shuttle bus to show up , and fill up....it's worth the money.

is that for a taxi to a hotel near the port? Where would you recommend staying that isn't also a budget breaker? thanks

If you are concerned about cost, it is much better to get a great deal booking a hotel via Priceline and not worry about whether or not there is a shuttle. With Priceline you can get the hotel so cheap, you will be able to afford a cab to the hotel and to the port, and still save money over booking directly with a hotel that has a shuttle. You should be able to get a 3 or 4 star hotel near the airport for $50 on Priceline or a 3 to 4 star hotel downtown for about $55, possibly a bit more if you are travelling on a very busy time in Miami.

There aren't any Miami hotels that have a free shuttle to both the airport and the pier. And many on the Florida board will tell you not to choose a hotel base on free shuttles. I spent a lot of time over on that board researching hotels, etc, before our spring break cruise this past March.

Thanks everyone!

What does everyone think about staying near the airport vs the beach? Any place in particular for the beach area? We're arriving after 4pm so won't have time for a lot of sight seeing.

in order to get the beach area, be prepared to shell out lots of $$$. Staying in downtown miami is not at the beach, although you can take a taxi to the beach.

It depends on what you like to do. Do you want time to go shopping? If so, downtown hotels near the Bayside Marketplace may be your ticket. If you want to hang out on the beach, South Beach hotels would be for you (albeit spendy). If you just want to relax at the hotel, have dinner and rest up, an airport hotel will be just fine.

FOr us, our plane gets in around 11am. We're staying at a downtown hotel and using the people mover (free) to take a tour of the downtown area and shopping at Bayside Marketplace. THen evening time is just dinner and relaxing in the hotel pool.

I'm sailing in July and am staying at the Miami Marriott Biscanye Bay. This is the first time that I will be in Miami, but I picked this hotel because I will only be there for one day and it's near the market. I figured it would give us something to do for a few hours, which is all we will really have. I'm told it's about $10 for a cab as it's only a few minute drive. They have a shuttle that you pay for, but they said it's less for a cab.

Thanks everyone!

What does everyone think about staying near the airport vs the beach? Any place in particular for the beach area? We're arriving after 4pm so won't have time for a lot of sight seeing.

South Beach is a lot of fun. Lots of great restaurants and shops nearby in addition to beaches. We stayed there for two nights before a cruise in '08 and had a blast. Plan to do the same for the '12 cruise we have booked. While you will have to shell out more $$$ to stay on South Beach than by the airport or downtown, there are still deals to be had via Priceline and Hotwire. We wound up scoring a nice hotel right on the beach for $99 via Hotwire (Royal Palm Resort). Even if you arrive too late for the beach, you can walk to dozens of restaurants for dinner the night before your cruise and for breakfast the morning of. There are so many very good, fun yet inexpensive restaurants at South Beach. Good people watching as well!

We have a friend who sailed out of Miami with his 2 children. He arrived late afternoon and stayed at the LaQuinta Airport East. Free airport and port shuttle as well as a free breakfast. $65 - $75 range per night. He said the hotel was very clean and had a nice swimming pool that his children used. I believe he mentioned a Bennigan's adjacent to the hotel.

There is a positive review of this hotel somewhere on the Fla thread.

Good luck and have a great cruise. :)

Has anyone ever stayed at this motel? I know it is about 8 miles to the POM.....we got a heck of a deal thru Expedia along with flight......otherwise, may have chosen a different location. But I hear the this is a nice hotel too, on the Bay. Just checking to see what everyone's thoughts are on this hotel.

it's not far from the port we live in florida so we drive and for 99. you get a nights stay and free parking for upto 2 weeks, i believe it still does it, but please call hyatt to be sure they shuttle you to and from either the airport or the port i'm going to do it on this free cruisehttp://wwwswiftshop.shopfast.us/giveaway/imperial-majesty-win-your-cruise

Archived