First Celebrity after many Royals!!

jmezmom

Hi,

I just booked my first Celebrity cruise, the Equinox, for next February.

I am D+ on Royal Caribbean so i understand the cruising life.

Just wondering if you guys could post things you think i should know as either a first time Celebrity cruiser, something about Equinox, etc.

I don't drink much, do drink diet cokes a lot, love the pool in the shaded area, like most shows, book excursions usually privately and love to meet people.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions in advance!

Hi,

I just booked my first Celebrity cruise, the Equinox, for next February.

I am D+ on Royal Caribbean so i understand the cruising life.

Just wondering if you guys could post things you think i should know as either a first time Celebrity cruiser, something about Equinox, etc.

I don't drink much, do drink diet cokes a lot, love the pool in the shaded area, like most shows, book excursions usually privately and love to meet people.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions in advance!

We tried Celebrity for the first time about 5 years ago. Our D+ status on RCL was equivalent to Elite Status on celebrity, thus you will enjoy 90 minutes complimentary Internet, access to concierge loung and laundry benefits.

We are big fans of the Solstice Class - they are unlike any ship afloat. They are, without a doubt, the most sophisticated, elegant, unique and extraordinary vessels afloat. The design of the vessels are almost flawless.

Shows are spectacular, especially the aerobatic one. Several pools, one in the solarium (covered) while the outside pools have mini cabanas for lounging - very nice and they are in the shade!

Hi Jmezmom,

I too am Diamond Plus with RCCL and will be aboard Equinox in Oct. We have booked Aqua Class and I am really excited to try Blu. Also excited to experience the Solstice Class ship in general.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hi,

We've done the Solstice a couple of times and an 11 night on the Equinox which are identical in terms of the cabins.

First, since you are elite on Celebrity, every morning in Michael's Club between 8:30-10:30 a.m. are complimentary made to order hot teas, lattes, cappucinnos, espressos, fresh juices and pastries. It's a nice way to pass half an hour or so, and meet lots of new friends.

The complimentary cocktail hour is held in the Sky Lounge between 4-6 p.m., and a wide variety of drinks and passed appetizers are served.

The Hot glass show is offered several times during the cruise, and it really is interesting to watch the artist make the pieces. Usally on the last two shows, they raffle off the pieces made during the cruise.

As far as best cabins, the sticky at the top of the Celebrity cruise critic page has good information about the cabins. Such as which ones have larger balconies within the CC or Aqua class, which ones are noisy etc.

The other good perks are the 90 minutes of free internet per elite member, free bag of laundry per person, one free drycleaning item. and a free item to be pressed.

My favorite spaces on the Equinox, is the indoor solarium which has shade and is a very pleasant place to hang out, and the lawn area. You can even make arrangements to have a picnic on the lawn if you like. On day of embarkation, skip the oceanview cafe, and spend 5 dollars a person and eat at the Bistro for great crepes, and other light fare, in a relaxing atmosphere.

We just did the beverage packages(both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) last month when they debuted on Celebrity.

If you ae a major soda drinker, the nonalcoholic package may be something for you to consider, since it covers, bottled water, sodas, smoothies, specialty coffees in the dining room and cafe, and bars. You can consume as many drinks you want during the day, and I was able to get the sodas either by fountain dispenser or by the can.

There will be several backstage tours offered, but if you want an invite to a bridge tour, either tell the captain's club hostess or guest relations on the first day or two, that if there are tours offered, that you would like to be considered for one. The bridges on the Solstice class ships are very interesting, and the officers and/ Captains giving them are great.

Also, if you are staying in a CC or higher cabin, you get a bottle of sparkling wine in the room. If that isn't something you would enjoy, then before your cruise, contact Captain's Club and have them put a note in your reservation that it be switched to a bottle of wine .

I hope you have a wonderful cruise,

Kelcie

Hi Jmezmom,

I too am Diamond Plus with RCCL and will be aboard Equinox in Oct. We have booked Aqua Class and I am really excited to try Blu. Also excited to experience the Solstice Class ship in general.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We booked a C2 for a great price.

Enjoy tour cruise too.

Hi,

We've done the Solstice a couple of times and an 11 night on the Equinox which are identical in terms of the cabins.

First, since you are elite on Celebrity, every morning in Michael's Club between 8:30-10:30 a.m. are complimentary made to order hot teas, lattes, cappucinnos, espressos, fresh juices and pastries. It's a nice way to pass half an hour or so, and meet lots of new friends.

The complimentary cocktail hour is held in the Sky Lounge between 4-6 p.m., and a wide variety of drinks and passed appetizers are served.

The Hot glass show is offered several times during the cruise, and it really is interesting to watch the artist make the pieces. Usally on the last two shows, they raffle off the pieces made during the cruise.

As far as best cabins, the sticky at the top of the Celebrity cruise critic page has good information about the cabins. Such as which ones have larger balconies within the CC or Aqua class, which ones are noisy etc.

The other good perks are the 90 minutes of free internet per elite member, free bag of laundry per person, one free drycleaning item. and a free item to be pressed.

My favorite spaces on the Equinox, is the indoor solarium which has shade and is a very pleasant place to hang out, and the lawn area. You can even make arrangements to have a picnic on the lawn if you like. On day of embarkation, skip the oceanview cafe, and spend 5 dollars a person and eat at the Bistro for great crepes, and other light fare, in a relaxing atmosphere.

We just did the beverage packages(both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) last month when they debuted on Celebrity.

If you ae a major soda drinker, the nonalcoholic package may be something for you to consider, since it covers, bottled water, sodas, smoothies, specialty coffees in the dining room and cafe, and bars. You can consume as many drinks you want during the day, and I was able to get the sodas either by fountain dispenser or by the can.

There will be several backstage tours offered, but if you want an invite to a bridge tour, either tell the captain's club hostess or guest relations on the first day or two, that if there are tours offered, that you would like to be considered for one. The bridges on the Solstice class ships are very interesting, and the officers and/ Captains giving them are great.

Also, if you are staying in a CC or higher cabin, you get a bottle of sparkling wine in the room. If that isn't something you would enjoy, then before your cruise, contact Captain's Club and have them put a note in your reservation that it be switched to a bottle of wine .

I hope you have a wonderful cruise,

Kelcie

Thanks Kelcie for all of this information. It is very helpful and I will pass it on to my 2 girlfriends.......this is a girls cruise....no husbands or kids:D

Ruth

Archived