Cigar bar on the Destiny?

bowlinmoe

It's a nice Bar a bit on the cold side and you have to deal with the folks that come through to use the internet area complaining about the smoke and smell. (can't figure out why the internet cafe is in the area on some ships) We were on her in Feb, the band that was in there in the evening was really good!

It is the Onyx Cigar Room, and yes it is on Deck 4 Aft. It is right in front of the Upper Level of the Universe Dining Room and behind the Galaxy. The cigar bar and the internet cafe are sort of sandwhiched between the two dining rooms. We were seated just a few tables into the Universe dining room, on the upper level on the first leg of our B2B honeymoon. My husband enjoys a good cigar so it was wonderful to head down to dinner a bit early so that he could enjoy a smoke and I could have a drink. We sat in there and waited for the doors to open for dinner, much nicer than standing in the hallway. One night we started chatting with this lovely couple we almost didn't want to do to dinner, but the food was too good to pass up! :) The decor is comfortably manly, if that makes sense. They have big leather chairs (doubt it's real leather but I can never tell that stuff) as well as long curved bench seating with small tables. With the leather and dark wood colors it feels very laid back. It's a definate difference from the neon lights that you find in other areas. My husband enjoyed it very much and I found it quite pleasant as well. And with it being so close to our dinner table it was a nice way to start the evening activities. On the second leg we were downstairs for dinner and still went to the Onyx bar a couple times before dinner. I believe that my husband was in there relaxing everyday. They had a latin band one evening that had a pleasant sound, but not our type of music so we didn't stay long.

BTW- I do agree that it's a strange place to put the Internet Cafe right off the cigar bar where you have to either walk thru the cigar bar or walk thru the other dining room to get to it. And if I remember right sometimes the dining room is closed so you had to walk thru the cigar bar. I don't remember anyone complaining about cigars in the cigar bar but there was one evening where a group of tweens and young teens were going back and forth in to the internet cafe. Sure, they were a bit loud at times, but not really bothersome to us. Then again we didn't let much bother us. I do remember thinking I wouldn't want my 12 year old running in and out of a cigar bar all night. But again it didn't seem to bother them that much and it certainly didn't bother us that much so I guess no worries.

Hope that helps! We spent a lot of time in there! LOL

Archived