shore excursion/Universal Studios ? for NCL

Love_to_cruise16

So we are confused about Norwegian's listing of shore excursions for the Universal Theme Parks...We REALLY want to go to Universal to see the Harry Potter's World area (which is on Islands of Adventure) but our favorite rides are on the Universal Studios part . On NCL's website it lists Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure as 2 different shore excursions...but if you go to the actual park you can go to both with 1 ticket. What I'm wondering is if you can go to both parks if we book the excursion through NCL? Sorry if this is confusing!!

How much is the excursion vs. just going on your own? How long will you be able to be there...is Pt. Canaveral the port of call, or is this an "end of the cruise" excursion?

Unless you have a considerable chunk of time, I wouldn't pay to go all the way to Orlando...these parks are PACKED...you generally spend more than 1/3 of your time waiting in line.

So we are confused about Norwegian's listing of shore excursions for the Universal Theme Parks...We REALLY want to go to Universal to see the Harry Potter's World area (which is on Islands of Adventure) but our favorite rides are on the Universal Studios part . On NCL's website it lists Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure as 2 different shore excursions...but if you go to the actual park you can go to both with 1 ticket. What I'm wondering is if you can go to both parks if we book the excursion through NCL? Sorry if this is confusing!!

They actually have several different types of tickets some of which only allow you to access one park per day. These tickets are of course cheaper and probably the type that NCL is bundling with their excursions. We have been to Universal/IOA several times and I wouldn't recommend trying to do both parks in a single day. I don't know how long your port time is, but the park hours are shorter in Dec. plus you are going to have an hour plus bus ride each way from Port Canaveral to the parks. If you really want to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter I would just go for the Islands of Adventure excursion and save Universal for another trip.

They actually have several different types of tickets some of which only allow you to access one park per day. These tickets are of course cheaper and probably the type that NCL is bundling with their excursions. We have been to Universal/IOA several times and I wouldn't recommend trying to do both parks in a single day. I don't know how long your port time is, but the park hours are shorter in Dec. plus you are going to have an hour plus bus ride each way from Port Canaveral to the parks. If you really want to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter I would just go for the Islands of Adventure excursion and save Universal for another trip.

I agree with this 100%. With the transportation between the port and the park eating up much of your excursion time, you should really focus on one park. That being said, Islands of Adventure is definitely the best choice, in my opinion. We love the parks as well, but I wouldn't ride a bus for hours just to go to a park I've been to already multiple times - and I LOVE theme parks. I absolutely would, however, make the trip to visit the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!! I've been reading reviews on everything from the experience at Olivander's to the taste of Butterbeer - which sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it!! :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! We are for sure going to IOA for the WWOHP so I think we'll end up just going there since that looks like our best bet! Does anyone know exactly how long the bus ride is? This will be our 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise (I cant remember who asked that but someone did). Thanks!

Archived