Go to Caye Caulker or get a massage?

cjmbcruiser

I was thinking of taking a water taxi to Caye Caulker in Belize since we aren't really interested in the ruins or cave tubing. Is there much to do on Caye Caulker?

Or should I book a massage on the ship?

Another option is to take in Belize and go to Caye Caulker and do the massage in Roatan instead. I need advice!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Caye Caulker with Coral Breezes. The snorkeling was great but the island of caye caulker was not much to write home about.

If you are interested in a masage in Roatan look up Sante Wellness Center. AWESOME for a massage. Very relaxing.

I used to rec that people take the water taxi to CC, but since the merger of the taxi companies and the reduced schedule, I'd say go with the Coral Breeze tour and once on the island wander up and down the street on your own. See the other Caye Caulker threads for some restaurant and eating rec. Also visit the little art gallery there.

Otherwise, do cave-tubing or a Mayan ruins excursion, or even a snorkeling excursion(beautiful reefs) in Belize. And save the massage for Roatan or Costa Maya(best beach massage option, IMO) or even Cozumel. They'll be half or less the cost of the massage on the ship.

I used to rec that people take the water taxi to CC, but since the merger of the taxi companies and the reduced schedule, I'd say go with the Coral Breeze tour and once on the island wander up and down the street on your own. See the other Caye Caulker threads for some restaurant and eating rec. Also visit the little art gallery there.

Otherwise, do cave-tubing or a Mayan ruins excursion, or even a snorkeling excursion(beautiful reefs) in Belize. And save the massage for Roatan or Costa Maya(best beach massage option, IMO) or even Cozumel. They'll be half or less the cost of the massage on the ship.

Got to stick with crewsweeper on this one. We did Caye Caulker last trip. The price was either $7 or $9 pp last December. I think that it went to $20.:eek: Snorkeling was good, our tour company mediocre, and we nearly missed the last taxi before final tender. (Ginger D, my dw, is still mad at me over this one.;))

If you "MUST" go to CC, definately take the Coral Breeze tour. Personally, I would go to Bannister Island again.

Hello Clackey,

I am trying to decide between Caye Caulkner (snorkel with stingrays)or Banister Island (see manatees) with Coral Breeze Company. You said you prefer Banister Island? Did you see manatees? Any specific reason for the preference? Thanks, we are sailing July 18.

Hello Clackey,

I am trying to decide between Caye Caulkner (snorkel with stingrays)or Banister Island (see manatees) with Coral Breeze Company. You said you prefer Banister Island? Did you see manatees? Any specific reason for the preference? Thanks, we are sailing July 18.

We did the reef snorkel with Fab Tours when we went to Bannister. I don't think that anyone offered a manatee snorkel at that time. After our boat trip to the reef they dropped us at Bannister for a couple of hours. The island is small but is very pretty. They have a couple of small buildings, lots of lounge chairs and a little shade. Food was mediocre, (I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. Life is too short to eat crap), drinks were decent but a little expensive.

Caye Caulker is alright but I didn't see anything special about the place. You either take a boat ride out to the reef or snorkel the split. I enjoyed our snorkel with the rays and saw some dolphins but I wouldn't do it again. The long water taxi ride is no great draw either. It is about a 45 minute run and the boat was so crowded that we almost didn't get on for our return. If Ginger D hadn't been so good with her elbows we would probably still be there.:eek:

Archived