Excursions for children under 7???? what can we do?

cruisejunkie2

We had Nativeways RRR tour booked, but it turned out that we were all so wiped out from the week's activities (GC was our last port) that we just cabbed it to 7 Mile Beach and let the kids play. As much as they liked doing and seeing all the new things, they really just enjoyed being able to be kids playing on the beach and in the water. :)

We took our DD on a tour to swim with the stingrays and then on a land tour which included the turtle farm. She loved both. The stingray tour had a few other snorkeling stops. DD did get in with us briefly at those stops, but not very long. The stingrays are in a relatively shallow area and DD really enjoyed that. The land tour was fine and the highlight was the turtle farm. DD LOVED the turtle farm. She got to hold various sized turtles. She has a big smile on her face in the pictures we took. We did all of this on a private tour Captain Marvin's which was great(cruise line had an age restriction for the stingray tour and it was more pricey). There was only the 3 of us on the land tour part and we had our own guide at the turtle farm so it was much better than going with a large group.

Tim

We've been to Grand Caymen several times and love it. The turtle farm is PERFECT for a 7 year old. They have a great time and get to actually hold the turtles. It's not too tiring for the kids or adults. I'm not sure I would take a 7-yr old to Stingray City. If you aren't nervous after the safety talk on the boat, you will be nervous when you see the crowd and the number of stingrays. You have to be able to shuffle your feet instead of taking steps to avoid stepping on a stingray and getting "stung" so that would make me uneasy with a small child. I love the shops in Grand Caymen too (lots of lovely samples).

The Nautilus and Atlantis Submarine tours (some are only 5 feet underwater) looked neat. I am going in Jan. with a 15 month old. I will probably do the Seven Mile Beach - not sure how the Turtle Farm would go over. Maybe if she was a little older like your kiddos that would be a lot of fun.

We have 8yr old twins and a 4 yr old boy, and we did the cayman in a nutshell tour. Was perfect for them, they LOVED Turtle Farm and stingrays, hell was "ehh" attraction they could've cared less but the best was lunch at the beach where they just played being kids. If you want to save money but have fun:

Take a cab/bus to turtle farm, do the tour, then from there

Goto any beach on 7 mile beach and let the kid run around for hours then cab/bus back to port, dad takes kid back to ship, mom does shopping, makes for a perfect day.

OH Yea, one other thing, buy your rum first thing in the morning when you get off the ship, otherwise the line in the afternoon is horrendous and I think they stop selling rum at some point in the mid afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been there two times did the stingrays but my daughter is a dare devil so will probably do the rays, reef, rum point excursion. I want to jet ski and parasail though uggg~~~ which companies are best i did hannibal before

• 2 weeks later...
Cindy, did you do the RRR tour with Nativeway? Any issues with getting a tender to join the tour on time?

Yes, we went with Nativeway. No, we had no tender issues. We let the crowds go first and we walked right on to a tender around 8:15. We were there early and had to wait around.

The tour hours are 9:15 to 2:30 eastern time.

Unfortunately, our return was at rush hour to get back on the ship. We had to wait in a long, slow, hot line.

Archived