Millenium class Sky or Panorama?

jedling

Which is best Sky or Panorama decks.I have heard there may be overhead noise on sky deck. Also any suggestions for the best staterooms ie the room number. Many thanks for your advice.:confused:

Which is best Sky or Panorama decks.I have heard there may be overhead noise on sky deck. Also any suggestions for the best staterooms ie the room number. Many thanks for your advice.:confused:

I have never been on sky deck, but have heard from many that the pool and lido cause lots of noise; deck washing, towel carts, and people moving chairs are common noise problems. to be safe i would go with Panorama. What kind of cabin were you looking to cruise in?? If concierge try to go with one of the aft cabins, I hear they have Hugh balcony's! if none of them are available just try to get a cabin mid-ship close to a lift. hope I kind of helped!

On our last X cruise, we sailed on the Summit and had cabin 6144, specifically chosen due to its location and balcony size. The cabin is a CC, sandwiched in between suites, and is oversized, measuring roughly 205 sf. The balcony is double the size of the normal and has teakwood flooring, just like the suites' balconies that surround it. It is near the aft, away from all noise, and since it is in the area of the major suites, your cabin steward will be one of the suites' butlers, a cut above the usual attendants. The only problem with this cabin is trying to get it - you'll have to book it as soon as your cruise becomes available, or it will be gone because savvy and experienced cruisers already know about it.

On that cruise, I heard many complaints about the noise filtering down from various activities on the upper decks, so I might advise against the Sky deck. I think the Panorama deck would be as high as I would want to go.

We were in cabin 8060 (Panorama deck) on the Summit and 9056 on the Millennium (Sky deck) and really enjoyed both cabins. The Sky deck has the overhang from above which we liked - gave us shelter from the sun on hot days, and also shelter from the rain on our one rainy day. We could sit on the balcony whenever we wanted - rain or shine. Didn't hear any noise from above that was a problem.

The Panorama deck has less overhang, but also a less obstructed view. On the Sky deck cabins, there is no obstruction if you look straight out, but the struts are in the way looking left or right.

Whichever you deck choose - have a great cruise!

On our last X cruise, we sailed on the Summit and had cabin 6144, specifically chosen due to its location and balcony size. The cabin is a CC, sandwiched in between suites, and is oversized, measuring roughly 205 sf. The balcony is double the size of the normal and has teakwood flooring, just like the suites' balconies that surround it. It is near the aft, away from all noise, and since it is in the area of the major suites, your cabin steward will be one of the suites' butlers, a cut above the usual attendants. The only problem with this cabin is trying to get it - you'll have to book it as soon as your cruise becomes available, or it will be gone because savvy and experienced cruisers already know about it.

On that cruise, I heard many complaints about the noise filtering down from various activities on the upper decks, so I might advise against the Sky deck. I think the Panorama deck would be as high as I would want to go.

Good to know. Would you think a Sky Suite (specifically 6145) is worth spending $125pp more. I am concerned about the potential noise of being next to PH suite and wonder if this might be a better choice.

We book the sky suites, but now make sure we have cabins above us. We have been under the pool deck and LOUD noise from deck chairs being dragged at 4am and moving carts from cafe rolling above us!!!

We will be in sky suite under another cabin on Connie this Sept!!!:cool::cool:

Archived