Legend vs Victory?

tadbconn

Can anyone compare the two ships for me? I like the fact that the Legend leaves from NYC (to which we can drive) this summer -- but wonder if the Eastern itinerary of the Victory out of Miami is a better one.

Thanks, Anne

Which itinerary were you looking at for the Victory? One is almost the same as the Legend. I was on the Victory in October 2003, and liked the ship a lot, but I'm sailing the Legend in June and looking forward to that one also. It looks to me as though they are similar enough that it would come down to pricing and whether or not you want to fly. I'd do either one of them to be honest. The Victory was a nice ship, but very green! :)

I agree with Laura: Having sailed Victory and LEgend I would go for price. But remember when looking for price I think Legend is a 8 day where Victory is only 7. Then add on airfare to the Victory. (I find that cruising out of Florida is a lot cheaper then going to NY even with air added.)

I just noticed the other 2 itineraries were only for March. I should investigate before opening my mouth :rolleyes:. Pricing too, depends on when you're planning on going in the summer too. I noticed the Legend sailings in mid to late summer can be rather pricey!

I agree with Laura: Having sailed Victory and LEgend I would go for price. But remember when looking for price I think Legend is a 8 day where Victory is only 7. Then add on airfare to the Victory. (I find that cruising out of Florida is a lot cheaper then going to NY even with air added.)

I guess I was looking at the Eastern itinerary for the Victory. Serene56: To sail on the Legend all I'd have is a 30-minute drive to the ship in NYC--no airfare at all. But add in airfare to/from Miami for the Victory, and the fact that the Legend is an extra day....I figure the two would be comparable. The itinerary for the Legend doesn't really give you much time at the 3 ports--more time at sea than the Victory.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Icepagejr: Can you let me know once you've gone on the Legend next month. Thanks.

Archived