Question about PVP's

Just booked yesterday and due to special needs of DD I called to personally speak to a PVP to make sure everything got noted. The girl was very nice (sounded young) but it seemed I actually knew more about the cruise than her (thanks to this board :)). When checking the email confirmation I found some minor mistakes, ie. not listing my husband's past guest # although I gave it to her and saying my daughter was celebrating her anniversary rather than her birthday, and not listing a sharps container. I went in and edited the info. She did get the cabin right, and did make sure I got an email from the special needs dept. with a form attached to fill out. But it still left me wondering what else may be wrong.

I got the early saver rate but nothing on confirmation references it as "early saver". Do they put that on the confirmation? I just want to be sure if there is a rate drop I can get the credit.

Also, when I asked her if I have any other questions if I should call her she said no, just call the general line. What? I thought we got a personal vacation planner who could help us? This seems different from what I've read on this board. I went through the steps on the website to get a PVP to call me which I thought was the way to do it.

Like I said she was very nice. It just didn't seem to fit with other experiences on this board.

Do I need to be concerned???

the confirmation should have some wording on it saying your deposit is nonrefundable. ..it wouldnt say early saver rate, I guess they think give a rate term is too specific, but it should have the wording about the deposit on it.

If the price and cabin is right and time to eat shows correct when you sign into the carnival site .. Id say you probably dont need to worry. What else could be wrong? You cant choose table size for dining etc...not many choices to make.

Just booked yesterday and due to special needs of DD I called to personally speak to a PVP to make sure everything got noted. The girl was very nice (sounded young) but it seemed I actually knew more about the cruise than her (thanks to this board :)). When checking the email confirmation I found some minor mistakes, ie. not listing my husband's past guest # although I gave it to her and saying my daughter was celebrating her anniversary rather than her birthday, and not listing a sharps container. I went in and edited the info. She did get the cabin right, and did make sure I got an email from the special needs dept. with a form attached to fill out. But it still left me wondering what else may be wrong.

I got the early saver rate but nothing on confirmation references it as "early saver". Do they put that on the confirmation? I just want to be sure if there is a rate drop I can get the credit.

Also, when I asked her if I have any other questions if I should call her she said no, just call the general line. What? I thought we got a personal vacation planner who could help us? This seems different from what I've read on this board. I went through the steps on the website to get a PVP to call me which I thought was the way to do it.

Like I said she was very nice. It just didn't seem to fit with other experiences on this board.

Do I need to be concerned???

Did you actually speak to a PVP or did you speak to a phone answerer? Maybe called CSR. Carnival has both.

Near the bottom of your confirmation should state:

GUEST NOTES

1) Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable. No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Price Protection: In the event you find a lower, valid rate, contact your Travel Agent or go to http://www.Carnival.com go to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation. Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Also as stated, It sounds like you booked with a CSR not a PVP.

OK, the price protection wording is there. So that's ok.

I still can't figure out why I didn't get assigned to a PVP. I had typed in for a PVP to call me and my phone rang almost immediately and I did the booking.

I will follow up with Special Needs and they did email the form to complete.

I was just looking forward to having a singular person to go to if questions.

OK, the price protection wording is there. So that's ok.

I still can't figure out why I didn't get assigned to a PVP. I had typed in for a PVP to call me and my phone rang almost immediately and I did the booking.

I will follow up with Special Needs and they did email the form to complete.

I was just looking forward to having a singular person to go to if questions.

If someone called you back, they are probably a PVP. 99% sure ... always a chance but Id say for sure.

I signed on to the carnival site for the first time a week ago and that night someone called and now every time I go on there to look at dates I get a call from him. I just told him it would be a few months before I could do anything and then I logged out of the carnival site. I'm assuming it's my "pvp" that calls.

You must not have gotten a PVP. I can call mine with any questions and I also e-mail her if it is not that important. I too, called the general line on my first cruise and this who I got. We have used her ever since. She has even helped me document the early saver price drops.

I hope you get everything straightened out!

Archived