Bermuda Railway Trail question

Sirdar

I have booked a shore excursion that includes a 5-8 mile Trek Mountain bike ride along the Bermuda Railway Trail. Being 58 and not in great shape I'm having second thoughts about this (especially in the July heat). Has anyone tried this excursion and can provide any information on the level of difficulty? Help is appreciated.:confused:

We're going on this excursion in early July, and I've done some research about it - the parts of the trail that we'll be on are quite flat, and should not be terribly difficult at all. I was more concerned about the recent closure of Nine Beaches resort, but after writing to the folks who actually run the excursion, my doubts have been eased. It's run by Fantasea Bermuda, and they were quite nice.

Luke

We're going on this excursion in early July, and I've done some research about it - the parts of the trail that we'll be on are quite flat, and should not be terribly difficult at all. I was more concerned about the recent closure of Nine Beaches resort, but after writing to the folks who actually run the excursion, my doubts have been eased. It's run by Fantasea Bermuda, and they were quite nice.

Luke

Thank you for the information and taking the time to contact the tour operator. We are on The Veendam July 11 sailing from NYC and booked thru HAL. Im still up in the air about this but you have eased my mind about the level of difficulty.:)

• 3 weeks later...
I have booked a shore excursion that includes a 5-8 mile Trek Mountain bike ride along the Bermuda Railway Trail. Being 58 and not in great shape I'm having second thoughts about this (especially in the July heat). Has anyone tried this excursion and can provide any information on the level of difficulty? Help is appreciated.:confused:

Just to follow up - the excursion was a great deal of fun, and not overly strenuous. I'm 50, haven't been on a bicycle in ages, and had no trouble keeping up. The tour guides, Nigel and Xander did a great job, and everyone seemed to handle it quite well.

Luke

Archived