I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I did use my camera.

This idea was posted on a blog I read, MCPActions.com. This was a lot of fun and it required me to practice my flash technique in order to avoid harsh shadows. It was great practice.

Love it!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the camera and photo discussions area and have spent some time over the past few days reading through this thread. Wow! There are some really amazing photos here. I love the way they've captured the essence of where you live, work, travel and "play" whether using a point and shoot or higher end equipment. You've all inspired me to get out and start using my camera again :) Here are a few pics from a walk through a local Nature Conservatory yesterday:

b95d1531.jpg

2e06719f.jpg

df45edd7.jpg

I've recently picked up Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson (thanks Jen4398 - I think it was you who recommended this book on another thread) and have been reading through the C.C.P.I.C.S. tutorials thanks to pierces/Dave.

I have much to learn, but am really enjoying the process. Thank you all for the inspiration!

Andrea

Thanks for sharing your pictures...they are beautiful. I'm a sucker for shallow DOF. I should have a bumper sticker on my car that reads "I brake for bokeh" :D

I hope your enjoy Bryan Peterson's book. My copy is never far from me. I reread it all the time. If you like it, be sure to check out his other publications. They are all wonderful.

I really enjoy participating in this thread. I know you will too. Have a great week!

I have to tell the truth. This was taken with DW's Nikon L22 at 3.6x zoom, cropped and resized.

The yacht is Attessa IV, owned by Dennis Washington of the Washington Marine Group

and was a refit done in his Vancouver, B. C. shipyard. Formerly the Evergreen.

The picture was taken as she was anchored off Sidney, B. C., Canada July 25, 2011.

2nlcxlj.jpg

Finally found a reason to like Georgia....

Wonderful Wife strikes again!

Peachy!

p866761923-4.jpg

Got around to working with some shots from earlier this year

Hundred-Year Lock

p713854337-4.jpg

Off to the lake tomorrow to catch a sunrise!

Dave

As you might surmise, I am comparing Shutterfly and Photobucket.

If anyone has experience and input, it would be appreciated.

I have first concluded that Photobucket gives you many functionalities to work with and enhance your photos, whereas I do not see that with Shutterfly.

Following is one of my pix using the borders and poster capabilities from PB:

EOS_DSC0144_edited-1-1-2.jpg?t=1312117970

Thanks for sharing your pictures...they are beautiful. I'm a sucker for shallow DOF. I should have a bumper sticker on my car that reads "I brake for bokeh" :D

I hope your enjoy Bryan Peterson's book. My copy is never far from me. I reread it all the time. If you like it, be sure to check out his other publications. They are all wonderful.

I really enjoy participating in this thread. I know you will too. Have a great week!

Thanks! I too love shallow DOF. Any chance I get I use my 50mm f/1.8 lens but I'm also learning how to achieve bokeh other ways. Can't wait to try Peterson's exercise using Christmas lights (just have to haul them out!)

Andrea

Today I thought I'd try using my 75-300mm f/4-5.6 kit lens. I think I lucked out with the bald eagle!

Great Blue Heron

200d48b4.jpg

Young bald eagle learning to "make the rounds"

d716da5a.jpg

Canada Goose

6e836b57.jpg

Hope everyone has a great week!

Andrea